These issues represent Temple, Texas, shortly after its time of settlement in 1880, when it was a railroad construction camp, named "Temple Junction" by the company. The newspapers go up to 1923, representing growth in population from a railroad camp to a railway hub for the Sante Fe and Missouri, Kansas, and Texas lines.
The Tulia Herald documents the history of the west Texas town of Tulia. The Swisher County Public Library presents the Tulia Herald from 1918-1962. The weekly newspaper contains, local, national and world news, stories, illustrations, poetry, jokes, and advertisements. Funding for this project was provided by the Tocker Foundation.
The World War Two Collection contains materials that focus on the World War II era, 1939-1945, and the immediate postwar period of the late 1940s. In addition to materials that were actually created during the era, the collection may include modern studies and commemorative works about the era.
Las Sabinas is a quarterly publication of the Orange County Historical Society discussing the history of the area and genealogy of residents through essays; oral histories; newspaper articles; letters; records of births, marriages, and deaths; photographs; cemetery records; court proceedings and public records; family Bible entries; and other historical documents.
John M. Sharpe, Sr. became the executive head of the Sun Publishing Company and editor of the Williamson County Sun in 1918. He also served the city of Georgetown as mayor and postmaster, each three times. Presented by the Williamson County Museum, this collection of Sharpe family photographs and documents feature historical images of family members as well as biographies ...
Helen Hall Library of League City features its photograph collection spanning more than a century. Included are the Joseph C. Kilgore Collection, the Caroline Atkinson D'Etchegoyen Collection and the Albert Kiecke Scrapbook Collection.