The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 12, July 1908 - April, 1909

THE QUARTERLY
OF THE
TEXAS STATE HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION
VOL. XII. JULY, 1908. No. 1.
The publication committee and the editors disclaim responsibility for views
expressed by contributors to THE QUARTERLY.
THE RECORDS OF AN EARLY TEXAS BAPTIST
CHURCH.1
II.
1847-1869.
[Received] Brother Levi Jordin and Sister Cynthy Jordin his wife
by letter.
Saturday July the 17th 1847
the church Met and in order proced to business chose Brother
Douthet Mod.2 Pro tmn
1 Brother J W Parker presented a deed for the meting house
land but not signd agreed to lay it over til next meting
1Continued from THE QUARTERLY for October, 1907. For the description
of the original and some facts concerning the origin of this church, see
the footnote to the title in that number. The instalment here given con-
tains the matter in the second of the three parts of the original, except that
on the first leaf of this part, which is gone. There is, therefore, a little
gap in the record. This gap includes the minutes for the May and June
meetings in 1847, except the last line for the June meeting, which forms the
rather abrupt beginning of the part here printed.
For obvious reasons, in a few instances names have been suppressed and
unrelated initials substituted. The spelling of the names in the original
can not be corrected with any degree of certainty, sand it has, therefore,
been left, for the most part, without annotation. Letters and words omit-
ted by obvious inadvertence are supplied and enclosed in brackets.
'Moderator.

Texas State Historical Association. The Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association, Volume 12, July 1908 - April, 1909. Austin, Texas. The Portal to Texas History. http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101048/. Accessed May 25, 2016.

Beta Preview