The Southwestern Historical Quarterly
The University of Texas Library has bought for the Little-
field Collection a file of the YNational Intelligencer (Washington)
from 1823 to 1866.
Miss Julia M. Pease has deposited in the Library as a loan
four volumes of the Texas State Gazelle (Austin), extending from
August, 1849, to August, 1857.
Mr. S. W. Farrow, of -Tico, Texas, who served through the
Civil iV r in the Nineteenth Texas Regiment, Walker's Division,
has presented to the Library a collection of eighty-five letters
writter, mostly by himself to his wife, during the period of the
During October, 1915, many newspapers of the State gave
promir.ence to the recovery by the State Comptroller of large
,quantities of canceled and uncanceled currency of the Republic
-of Texas which had been stolen from the basement of the Capitol
and sold to dealers in curios and antiquities. It appears from a
detailed article in the Sweet water Daily Reporter of October 13,
1915, that Hon. R. C. Crane, postmaster at Sweetwater, and a
vice-president of the Texas State Historical Association, discov-
.ered the theft and conducted the investigation which led to the
recovery of the currency.
AFFAIRS OF THTE ASSOCIATION
The annual meeting of the Texas State Historical Association
will be held at Austin, NMarch 2, 1916, at 10 o'clock in the Main
Building of the University, room 158. A meeting of the Execu-
tive Council and of the Fellows will precede.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 19, July 1915 - April, 1916. Austin, Texas. The Portal to Texas History. http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101067/. Accessed September 21, 2014.