The McKenzie College Chapel, a three-story structure built in 1853, contained the chapel
auditorium, recitation rooms, offices, and halls for the debating societies. The two build-
ings partially shown in the left background were the Duke and Graft houses, which were
used as boys' dormitories.
Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 63, July 1959 - April, 1960. Austin, Texas. The Portal to Texas History. http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth101186/. Accessed May 22, 2015.