[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Description:

Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's second synagogue, located in the 800 block Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas. The synagogue, constructed in 1906 at a cost of $15,000, was a two-story brick building with stained-glass windows, a sanctuary with a balcony for women, and basement classrooms. The Hebrew phrase above the door translates to: "1906 Ahavath Sholom." The congregation worshiped in this synagogue from 1906 to 1951. The building was torn down to create a parking lot.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
Creation Date: 1960~  
Partner(s):
Fort Worth Jewish Archives
Collection(s):
Rescuing Texas History, 2010
Usage:
Total Uses: 24
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1960~
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
Date
1960~  
Description:

Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's second synagogue, located in the 800 block Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas. The synagogue, constructed in 1906 at a cost of $15,000, was a two-story brick building with stained-glass windows, a sanctuary with a balcony for women, and basement classrooms. The Hebrew phrase above the door translates to: "1906 Ahavath Sholom." The congregation worshiped in this synagogue from 1906 to 1951. The building was torn down to create a parking lot.

Note:

The building in this image was razed in 1951 and the land became a parking lot.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w ; 22 x 26 cm.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Jewish communities | Ahavath Sholom
Partner:
Fort Worth Jewish Archives
Collection:
Rescuing Texas History, 2010
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: FWJA-CAS-Taylor-000-001-pix
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth117178
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image