The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 47, July 1943 - April, 1944

CONTRIBUTORS
J. W. Williams, "The National Road of the Republic of Texas,"
now owns a new home at 2220 Piedmont Place, Wichita Falls,
Texas, which he uses as headquarters from which he explores
the roads and trails of early Texas. Williams is a frequent con-
tributor to The Quarterly and The West Texas Historical Year
Book. He was recently given, through the Association, a Rocke-
feller Grant-in-Aid for the completion of his manuscript on
the early trails of West Texas.
Frank E. Vandiver, "Texas and the Confederate Army's Meat
Problem," has for permanent address 1208 Castle Hill, Austin,
Texas. Young Vandiver is something of a prodigy, for he is
now about to reach his eighteenth birthday and is preparing for
induction into the army. He has had no academic training in
history, but has, for about four years, been studying the Con-
federacy, specializing on its food problems. All of his Confed-
erate studies have been inspired by the late Charles W. Rams-
dell. He has published in the William and Mary College Quar-
terly, Louisiana Historical Quarterly, and Tyler's Quarterly
Historical and Genealogical Magazine.
Eugene C. Barker, "General Arthur Goodall Wavell and
Wavell's Colony in Texas," is the dean of Texas historians. See
The Quarterly, XLVI, April, 1943.
Olive Todd Walker, "Esther Amanda Sherrill Cullins: a Pio-
neer Woman of the Texas Frontier," a native Texan, is the
daughter of Robert and Ella Evans Todd, of Cameron, Texas.
Both parents were of Milam County pioneer families.
Mrs. Walker attended Baylor Female College, and after teach-
ing several years in the public schools, she turned to business,
where her varied experience included secretarial work, office
management, and selling real estate, oil leases, insurance and
bonds.
Besides her membership in the Order of the Eastern Star,
Mrs. Walker is affiliated with the following historical and
patriotic societies: State Association of Texas Pioneers, Daugh-
ters of Texas Trail Drivers, The Texas State Historical Asso-
[ 337]

Texas State Historical Association. The Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Volume 47, July 1943 - April, 1944. Austin, Texas. The Portal to Texas History. http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth146054/. Accessed July 28, 2014.