[Longview Volunteer Fire Company]

Description:

Photograph of the first Longview Volunteer Fire Company in Longview, Texas. The fire company was organized in 1885 using horse drawn fire carts. The fire company was located on the south side of Tyler Street between Fredonia and Center streets. City Hall was located upstairs. Cumberland Presbyterian Church is visible on the far left of the photograph. There are three horse-drawn fire carts parked outside the station.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Gregg County - Longview
Creation Date: 1885  
Partner(s):
Longview Public Library
Collection(s):
Rescuing Texas History, 2010
Usage:
Total Uses: 24
Past 30 days: 1
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1885
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Gregg County - Longview
Era
New South, Populism, Progressivism, and the Great Depression, 1877-1939
Date
1885  
Description:

Photograph of the first Longview Volunteer Fire Company in Longview, Texas. The fire company was organized in 1885 using horse drawn fire carts. The fire company was located on the south side of Tyler Street between Fredonia and Center streets. City Hall was located upstairs. Cumberland Presbyterian Church is visible on the far left of the photograph. There are three horse-drawn fire carts parked outside the station.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Cumberland Presbyterian Church | Longview Volunteer Fire Company | fire carts
Contributor(s):
Partner:
Longview Public Library
Collection:
Rescuing Texas History, 2010
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: GC0050
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth191207
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image