The Bethesda Bath House

Description:

The Bethesda Bath House was formerly located 406 N. Oak, with the top of the front of Chautauqua to the northeast of the bath house, visible over the top of the bath house roof's gable at the left side of the building. The Bethesda Bath House apparently contained the office of Dr. G. W. Hubbard. Bathing in the mineral waters was considered a health treatment, and was recommended by local doctors.
There is a structure seen behind the bath house in the lower right quadrant of the photograph. This may have been the doctor's residence.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: Unknown
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 115
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Digitized: October 2, 2006
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
New South, Populism, Progressivism, and the Great Depression, 1877-1939
Description:

The Bethesda Bath House was formerly located 406 N. Oak, with the top of the front of Chautauqua to the northeast of the bath house, visible over the top of the bath house roof's gable at the left side of the building. The Bethesda Bath House apparently contained the office of Dr. G. W. Hubbard. Bathing in the mineral waters was considered a health treatment, and was recommended by local doctors.
There is a structure seen behind the bath house in the lower right quadrant of the photograph. This may have been the doctor's residence.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Lost Landmark
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_0635P
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth20307
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public