The "Gibson Well" Mineral Wells, Texas

Description:

Shown here is a picture of the first Gibson Well drinking pavilion. Located in the 700 block of what is now NW 2nd Avenue, it was one of the first drinking pavilions in the city. An expanded pavilion replaced the one in this picture, and it became one of the more popular social gathering places in town.
The Christian Church now [2008] occupies the entire city block on which the Gibson Well was located.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: 1900?  
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 59
Past 30 days: 1
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1900?
  • Digitized: November 6, 2006
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
New South, Populism, Progressivism, and the Great Depression, 1877-1939
Date
1900?  
Description:

Shown here is a picture of the first Gibson Well drinking pavilion. Located in the 700 block of what is now NW 2nd Avenue, it was one of the first drinking pavilions in the city. An expanded pavilion replaced the one in this picture, and it became one of the more popular social gathering places in town.
The Christian Church now [2008] occupies the entire city block on which the Gibson Well was located.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): wells | vintage clothing
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_1638N
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth24975
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public