[Children Outside the Cleveland School]

Description:

Copy negative of three young girls standing beneath a tree outside of the Cleveland School. There are two boys in the distance standing near a bike, and two girls talking behind them. Children can be seen sitting on the steps of the school in the background. The school was first built as the Cleveland Grammar School and later became Cleveland High School, facing Dallas Street. Southside Elementary was later erected on the side and faced towards Ft. Worth Street. The Cleveland ISD Tax & Central Offices now occupy the Dallas Street side.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Liberty County - Cleveland
Creation Date: 193u  
Partner(s):
Cleveland Historic Society
Collection(s):
Rescuing Texas History, 2011
Usage:
Total Uses: 53
Past 30 days: 1
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 193u
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Liberty County - Cleveland
Era
New South, Populism, Progressivism, and the Great Depression, 1877-1939
Description:

Copy negative of three young girls standing beneath a tree outside of the Cleveland School. There are two boys in the distance standing near a bike, and two girls talking behind them. Children can be seen sitting on the steps of the school in the background. The school was first built as the Cleveland Grammar School and later became Cleveland High School, facing Dallas Street. Southside Elementary was later erected on the side and faced towards Ft. Worth Street. The Cleveland ISD Tax & Central Offices now occupy the Dallas Street side.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 6 x 7 cm.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Cleveland Grammar School | Cleveland High School | Southside Elementary
Partner:
Cleveland Historic Society
Collection:
Rescuing Texas History, 2011
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: CLHS_000573
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth253189
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image