[501 S. Magnolia]

Description:

Photograph of the south side of a two-story house located at 501 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. The house is brick on the first floor with wooden siding on the front and upper floor, painted light brown or beige with dark brown shutters.

Creator(s): McReynolds, Oliver
Location(s): United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
Creation Date: 1979~  
Partner(s):
Anderson County Historical Commission
Collection(s):
Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Usage:
Total Uses: 71
Past 30 days: 1
Yesterday: 0
Creator (Photographer):
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1979~
  • Digitized: May 28, 2007
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
Coordinates
31.758343, -95.632292
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

Photograph of the south side of a two-story house located at 501 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. The house is brick on the first floor with wooden siding on the front and upper floor, painted light brown or beige with dark brown shutters.

Note:

Charles Jacobs, a native of Prussia, and his wife Rachel Lucas Jacobs built a small one-story house on this site around 1877, according to local historians. Mr. Jacobs was the proprietor of a local men’s clothing store. Jack T. Harris, the subsequent owner, added a second story around the turn of the century. Later owners of the house included Steven E. Reed, who served as mayor of Palestine from 1931-34 and for whom Palestine’s first airport was named.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w ; 3 x 4 in.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): houses | historic buildings
Partner:
Anderson County Historical Commission
Collection:
Rescuing Texas History, 2007
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: ACHC175
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth25798
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public
Points
31.758343, -95.632292
[501 S. Magnolia]

Enable Zoom & Pan Controls