[The Damron Hotel Fire, 16 of 21: Black Smoke Billowing Over Businesses]

Description:

Shown here is another view of the huge column of black smoke accompanying the Damron Hotel fire that completely destroyed the hotel on December 22, 1975.
The hotel was built in 1906 as the Colonial Hotel by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife, who would not live in the country. The popular hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in 1917 for a ranch, and its name was changed to reflect the new ownership.
It was located at 109 W. Hubbard Street, and the spectacular fire that destroyed it received extensive photographic coverage.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: December 22, 1975
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 19
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: December 22, 1975
  • Digitized: November 21, 2007
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

Shown here is another view of the huge column of black smoke accompanying the Damron Hotel fire that completely destroyed the hotel on December 22, 1975.
The hotel was built in 1906 as the Colonial Hotel by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife, who would not live in the country. The popular hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in 1917 for a ranch, and its name was changed to reflect the new ownership.
It was located at 109 W. Hubbard Street, and the spectacular fire that destroyed it received extensive photographic coverage.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_1276N.015
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth29889
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public