[The Damron Hotel Fire, 9 of 21: Firemen and a Fire Truck Near the North Side of Budiling]

Description:

This photograph shows another view of the early response to the holiday conflagration that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975.
The Damron was built in 1906, during Mineral Wells' heyday as a popular resort city. Originally named the Colonial Hotel by J. T. Holt, and built for his second wife, the name of the hotel was changed in 1917 when Mr. Holt traded the hotel to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch.
The hotel was located at 109 W. Hubbard, and the spectacular fire received extensive photographic coverage.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: December 22, 1975
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 35
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: December 22, 1975
  • Digitized: November 21, 2007
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

This photograph shows another view of the early response to the holiday conflagration that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975.
The Damron was built in 1906, during Mineral Wells' heyday as a popular resort city. Originally named the Colonial Hotel by J. T. Holt, and built for his second wife, the name of the hotel was changed in 1917 when Mr. Holt traded the hotel to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch.
The hotel was located at 109 W. Hubbard, and the spectacular fire received extensive photographic coverage.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_1276N.008
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth29896
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public