[The Damron Hotel Fire, 8 of 21: An Early Stage of the Fire, Looking North]

Description:

This view of the spectacular holiday fire that consumed the Damron Hotel completely on December 22, 1975, was taken from SW 1st Street at the southwest corner of the block in the early stages of the fire. The Damron Hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by J. T. Holt for his second wife, who would not live in the country. The name was changed in 1917 when it was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron for a ranch. It was located at 109 W. Hubbard, and the fire received extensive photographic coverage.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: December 22, 1975
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 31
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: December 22, 1975
  • Digitized: November 21, 2007
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

This view of the spectacular holiday fire that consumed the Damron Hotel completely on December 22, 1975, was taken from SW 1st Street at the southwest corner of the block in the early stages of the fire. The Damron Hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by J. T. Holt for his second wife, who would not live in the country. The name was changed in 1917 when it was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron for a ranch. It was located at 109 W. Hubbard, and the fire received extensive photographic coverage.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_1276N.007
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth29897
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public