Abandoned Mix-Mill in Vernon

Description:

Photograph of the side of an abandoned building in Vernon, Texas. The building is at least two stories, and a porch is attached to the outside of the ground floor. A sign afixed to the outside of the building next to the front door reads: "We Make Our Own Feed With Mix-Mill." In the 1920s the building was a bank, a Mix-Mill in the 1940s, and in 1977 it was a residence on the upper floor and a craft shop on the bottom floor.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Wilbarger County - Vernon
Creation Date: Unknown
Partner(s):
Tarrant County College NE, Heritage Room
Collection(s):
Tarrant County College Northeast, Heritage Room
Usage:
Total Uses: 345
Past 30 days: 2
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Wilbarger County - Vernon
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

Photograph of the side of an abandoned building in Vernon, Texas. The building is at least two stories, and a porch is attached to the outside of the ground floor. A sign afixed to the outside of the building next to the front door reads: "We Make Our Own Feed With Mix-Mill." In the 1920s the building was a bank, a Mix-Mill in the 1940s, and in 1977 it was a residence on the upper floor and a craft shop on the bottom floor.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w ; 10 x 8 in.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Mix-Mill
Partner:
Tarrant County College NE, Heritage Room
Collection:
Tarrant County College Northeast, Heritage Room
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: BUS 12.12
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth29998
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public