First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

Description:

Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved.
This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Dallas County - Richardson
Creation Date: 1940 - 1958  
Partner(s):
Richardson Public Library
Collection(s):
Texas History Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 406
Past 30 days: 8
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1940 - 1958
  • Digitized: June 6, 2003
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Dallas County - Richardson
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
From 1940 to 1958
Description:

Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved.
This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.

Note:

Written on back: RICHARDSON Please Return
Label on back:
Harper Standard Engraving Company
P.O. Box 1016 - Dallas, Texas
Leave Blank
[26082 ?]
Width X Depth
[24 1/2 pc]
Mounted [x] Unmounted []
Zinc [] Copper []
Halftones from photos, etc.
Screen Rectangle []
60 [] {circled} Outline[]
75 [] Oval []
85 [] Circle [] {23 1/4}
100 [] Combination []
120 [] Color Plates []
133 [] Retouch []
Mats Duplicates
School or Firm and Special Instructions.
[Harben Spotts]

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
Richardson Public Library
Collection:
Texas History Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: RPLb014
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: Folder B 14
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth3144
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public