[Whitehaven House]

Description:

Photograph of an exterior view of a building identified as Whitehaven, the home of Dr. and Mrs. H. D. Morris on 2545 Lakeshore Drive. The house is two stories high, and columns in the front reach the second story. Bushes and shrubs line the house. The house was built in 1915, and is now owned and operated by Lamar State College. Facilities were donated to the college by the Port Arthur Daughters of the American Revolution in 2000.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Jefferson County - Port Arthur
Creation Date: 1988  
Partner(s):
Port Arthur Public Library
Collection(s):
Rescuing Texas History, 2009
Usage:
Total Uses: 25
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1988
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Jefferson County - Port Arthur
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Date
1988  
Description:

Photograph of an exterior view of a building identified as Whitehaven, the home of Dr. and Mrs. H. D. Morris on 2545 Lakeshore Drive. The house is two stories high, and columns in the front reach the second story. Bushes and shrubs line the house. The house was built in 1915, and is now owned and operated by Lamar State College. Facilities were donated to the college by the Port Arthur Daughters of the American Revolution in 2000.

Physical Description:

1 photograph : b&w ; 14 x 10 cm.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Keyword(s): Whitehaven | Lakeshore Drive
Partner:
Port Arthur Public Library
Collection:
Rescuing Texas History, 2009
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: PAPL_2_0310_02
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth79559
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image