[Aerial photograph taken directly over the top of George Ranch]

Description:

Aerial photograph taken directly over the George Ranch. The George Ranch house is the white wooden two and a half story house surrounded by trees near the center of the photograph. The circular drive with flag pole at center is seen to the right of the house. The tree lined driveway leads from the house (below house, in this photo) and to the main highway - Farm to Market road 762 on far right. Another ranch entrance, which makes a sharp right at the main driveway, leads to the ranch workshop and barns. The first two buildings on this driveway (nearest to the house) are workshop and storage shed. The next two barns are Barn 1 on left and Barn 2 on right (of road). The teardrop (cattle) pens are easily distinguishable near the corner of Barn 1. The teardrop pen leads to the dipping vat. Across from the dipping vat and pens is Barn 3. Dry Creek extends from the right, horizontally. There is a large cluster of trees near the bank of Dry Creek at top center and top right corner of photograph.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Fort Bend County - Richmond
Creation Date: Unknown
Partner(s):
George Ranch Historical Park
Collection(s):
George Ranch Museum Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 57
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Fort Bend County - Richmond
Era
New South, Populism, Progressivism, and the Great Depression, 1877-1939
Description:

Aerial photograph taken directly over the George Ranch. The George Ranch house is the white wooden two and a half story house surrounded by trees near the center of the photograph. The circular drive with flag pole at center is seen to the right of the house. The tree lined driveway leads from the house (below house, in this photo) and to the main highway - Farm to Market road 762 on far right. Another ranch entrance, which makes a sharp right at the main driveway, leads to the ranch workshop and barns. The first two buildings on this driveway (nearest to the house) are workshop and storage shed. The next two barns are Barn 1 on left and Barn 2 on right (of road). The teardrop (cattle) pens are easily distinguishable near the corner of Barn 1. The teardrop pen leads to the dipping vat. Across from the dipping vat and pens is Barn 3. Dry Creek extends from the right, horizontally. There is a large cluster of trees near the bank of Dry Creek at top center and top right corner of photograph.

Physical Description:

Paper;

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
George Ranch Historical Park
Collection:
George Ranch Museum Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: 2000.048.010
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth8965
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public