[Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site]

Description:

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The white fence post and tree lined driveway that begins near bottom center of photo leads to the garage with a sidewalk area that continues to the left and leads to the chicken house. A right turn before the garage leads to a circular drive in front of the ranch house. The ranch house is a two story white wooden house partially obscured by trees. The white painted round cistern house can be seen to the left rear of the ranch house roof. To the right rear of the ranch house is a small white wooden building that is the servants' quarters. The ranch site has a second servant quarters building adjacent to this one but it is not seen with this view. There is a large white workshop to the left of the ranch house with barn 1 above and to the left of the workshop. To the right of barn 1 is barn 2 and above barn 2 is barn 3. To the left of barn 3 is the dipping vat. Cattle can be seen grazing in pastures to the left and right of the driveway and to the left and right of the dipping vat. This photograph is mounted in a tan cardboard frame. The frame has a double gray border around the perimeter of the photo. Image dimensions are approximately: 16.7 cm x 10.9 cm. Text near bottom right corner of frame reads: "Zekan-Robbins Photographers".

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Fort Bend County - Richmond
Creation Date: 1955 - 1960  
Partner(s):
George Ranch Historical Park
Collection(s):
George Ranch Museum Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 301
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: 1955 - 1960
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Fort Bend County - Richmond
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
From 1955 to 1960
Description:

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The white fence post and tree lined driveway that begins near bottom center of photo leads to the garage with a sidewalk area that continues to the left and leads to the chicken house. A right turn before the garage leads to a circular drive in front of the ranch house. The ranch house is a two story white wooden house partially obscured by trees. The white painted round cistern house can be seen to the left rear of the ranch house roof. To the right rear of the ranch house is a small white wooden building that is the servants' quarters. The ranch site has a second servant quarters building adjacent to this one but it is not seen with this view. There is a large white workshop to the left of the ranch house with barn 1 above and to the left of the workshop. To the right of barn 1 is barn 2 and above barn 2 is barn 3. To the left of barn 3 is the dipping vat. Cattle can be seen grazing in pastures to the left and right of the driveway and to the left and right of the dipping vat. This photograph is mounted in a tan cardboard frame. The frame has a double gray border around the perimeter of the photo. Image dimensions are approximately: 16.7 cm x 10.9 cm. Text near bottom right corner of frame reads: "Zekan-Robbins Photographers".

Physical Description:

Paper; Width/Diameter: 22.7 cm, Height: 17.5 cm

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
George Ranch Historical Park
Collection:
George Ranch Museum Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: 2000.048.007b
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth8968
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public