Dear Portal friends: Do you enjoy having history at your fingertips?
We’ve appreciated your support over the years, and need your help to keep history alive.
Here’s the deal: we’ve received a Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Now it’s time to keep our word and raise matching funds for the Cathy Nelson Hartman Portal to Texas History Endowment.
If even half the people who use the Portal this month give $5, we’d meet our $1.5 million goal immediately!
donations are tax-deductible and support Texas history: yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
You limited your search to:
From Republic to State: Debates and Documents Relating to the Annexation of Texas, 1836-1856
- A new history of Texas for schools : also for general reading and for teachers preparing themselves for examination
Texas history textbook texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2388/
- History of the regulators and moderators and the Shelby County war in 1841 and 1842, in the republic of Texas, with facts and incidents in the early history of the republic and state, from 1837 to the annexation, together with incidents of frontier life and Indian troubles, and the war on the reserve in Young County in 1857
Pamphlet from Texana Collection texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2362/
- A pictorial history of Texas, from the earliest visits of European adventurers, to A.D. 1879. Embracing the periods of missions, colonization, the revolution the republic, and the state; also, a topographical description of the country ... together with its Indian tribes and their wars, and biographical sketches of hundreds of its leading historical characters. Also, a list of the countries, with historical and topical notes, and descriptions of the public institutions of the state.
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5828/
- Memoranda and official correspondence relating to the Republic of Texas, its history and annexation. Including a brief autobiography of the author
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2391/
- History of Texas : from its first settlement in 1685 to its annexation to the United States in 1846, Volume 1
Texas history up to the time of annexation to the United States of America. Original volume is housed in Anson Jones Collection, Rare Book & Texana Collections, University of North Texas Libraries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2385/
- History of Texas : from its first settlement in 1685 to its annexation to the United States in 1846, Vol.2
Texas history up to the time of annexation to the United States of America. Original volume is housed in Anson Jones Collection, Rare Book & Texana Collections, University of North Texas Libraries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2386/
- Letters, Relating to the History of Annexation
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2390/
- Congressional Globe (Permanent Edition) Volume 85: 28th Congress, 2nd session, Appendix
Congressional debates and proceedings regarding the annexation of Texas to the United States of America. Only selected pages of the Congressional Globe are reproduced here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2369/
- Address on the annexation of Texas, and the aspect of slavery in the United States, in connection therewith: delivered in Boston November 14 and 18, 1845
Pamphlet from Texana Collection texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2361/
- Anti-Texass Legion: Protest of some free men, states and presses against the Texass rebellion, against the laws of nature and of nations
Pamphlet from Texana Collection texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2356/
- Message from the President of the United States to the Two Houses of Congress at the Commencement of the First Session of the Twenty-Ninth Congress.
Presidential address to the 1845 Congress. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2365/
- Annexation of Texas. By Junius no. IX
Pamphlet from Texana Collection texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2358/
- Discourse on Slavery and the Annexation of Texas
Pamphlet from Texana Collection texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2359/
- Message from the President of the United States to the two houses of Congress at the commencement of the Second Session of the Twenty-Eighth Congress. December 3, 1844.
Message: pp. -18; Documents from the Department of State, accompanying the President's message ... : pp. -112; Report of the Secretary of War; pp. -129. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5829/
- Proceedings of the Senate and Documents Relative to Texas, from which the Injunction of Secrecy Has Been Removed
Record of 1844 Senate Proceedings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2363/
- Texas and the Massachusetts Resolutions
Pamphlet containing an essay against the annexation of Texas, compiled from a series of newspaper columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2355/
- Thoughts on the proposed annexation of Texas to the United States
A book containing Theodor Sedgwick’s opinions about the annexation of Texas to the United States. The book contains discussions of issues that arise if Texas is annexed to the United States Union. A couple of the issues addressed are slavery and diplomatic relations between Texas and Mexico. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2387/
- Texas: the rise, progress, and prospects of the Republic of Texas, Vol.1
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2389/
- Texas: the rise, progress, and prospects of the Republic of Texas, Vol.2
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth2392/