You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Text
 County: Palo Pinto County, TX
 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
The Brain Busters

The Brain Busters

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Black-face comedy was considered a socially acceptable form of entertainment until after World War II. The pamphlet suggests that "The Brain Busters" were a series of difficult questions sent in to the duo by listeners to their radio program. Further information about "Sugar Cane" and "February" is unfortunately lacking.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Carlsbad of America

The Carlsbad of America

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is the battered title page of a pamphlet about Mineral Wells, calling it "The Carlsbad of America." It gives the property valuation (ending in 1905), and the population of the city (also ending in 1905). A colophon at the bottom of the pamphlet remarks "Texas An Empire---A nation within a Nation." The pamphlet reports itself as the work of the Index Printing Company.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Centennial Booklet of First Baptist Church]

[A Centennial Booklet of First Baptist Church]

Date: October 10, 1982
Creator: unknown
Description: A booklet of twenty pages, celebrating centennial anniversary of First Baptist Church of Mineral Wells, October 10, 1982, it indicates that the Reverend Bobby E. Moore was pastor at the time. The booklet is paperback and vanilla-colored. The text is in brown sans-serif. The interior text is in script.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
"Crazy Hotel Opens"

"Crazy Hotel Opens"

Date: March 10, 1994
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: CRAZY HOTEL OPENS: A program Presented by A.F. Weaver to the Mineral Wells Heritage Association March 10, 1994. [This is the first of ten pages, stapled at upper left-hand corner.] The text was probably computer-generated in 13-point sans-serif script and it is likely that Mr. Weaver began his program with a contemporary newspaper account of the gala opening of the re-built hotel. Certainly the opening of the significant hotel was a red-letter day in the history of Mineral Wells. A photocopy of a souvenir menu was laminated on the back of Mr. Weaver's prepared program.]
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Health Resort Quarterly, 2 of 4:  Page 1

The Health Resort Quarterly, 2 of 4: Page 1

Date: October 1915
Creator: Burman, Fred
Description: The Health Resort Quarterly was published by the Commercial Club, located at 106 East Wall Street (now NE 4th Street). This volume was published October, 1915. Officers were: J.C Pangle, President; Dr. J.H McCracken, Vice President; W.I. Smith, Treasurer and Fred Burman, Secretary. The publication contained words of wisdom, advertisements extolling Mineral Wells, and items of local news.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Health Resort Quarterly, 3 of 4:  Pages 2 and 3

The Health Resort Quarterly, 3 of 4: Pages 2 and 3

Date: October 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Listed on this page are articles extolling the qualities of local mineral water, the mineral water baths, and the year-round climate of the city. Advertisements defining the grades of water offered by The Carlsbad Water Company and the amenities offered by The Damron Hotel are also to be found on these pages.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Health Resort Quarterly, 4 of 4:  Pages 4 and 5

The Health Resort Quarterly, 4 of 4: Pages 4 and 5

Date: October 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: On these pages are seen advertisements for The Fairfield Inn, owner Mrs. Walter H. Boykin; The Oxford Hotel (C. H. Browning is listed as the proprietor) with European and American plans available; and The Davis Well Water and By-Products (Dr. E. A. Davis, is listed as president). The quarterly reports that the Odd Fellow Convention will be held in Mineral Wells in 1916.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
History of Elmhurst Park

History of Elmhurst Park

Date: 1960?
Creator: unknown
Description: Elmhurst Park, on Pollard Creek about one mile-and-a-half of the southwest corner of Oak and Hubbard streets, closed when the trolley from the city to the Park ceased operations in 1913. The City of Mineral Wells received the park property, in a lawsuit concerning the builder of the park, one "Major" Beardsley (q.v. in the description field). A housing project was opened there about the time the nation began mobilizing for World War II, and construction of Fort Wolters began. (At one time, Fort Wolters was the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center in the nation; nearly 500,000 soldiers passed through the Mineral Wells railway depot during the war). The site was returned to the City of Mineral Wells following the war, and made available to veterans and their families. The area is now the site of City Water Treatment and Waste Disposal facilities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
MINERAL WELLS TEXAS CARLSBAD WATER

MINERAL WELLS TEXAS CARLSBAD WATER

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture appears to be a label taken from a container of mineral water sold by the Texas Carlsbad Water Company. The label describes the water as "Purgative" and "Diuretic." DIRECTIONS state further: The average person requires from 8 to 12 glasses per day, but there are those who need less, and others for whom this quantity will not suffice. Hence drink such quantity as gives desired effect, be it small or great. One or two glasses taken hot, half hour before breakfast, will be found very effective. The label ends with the legend: This Label Censored [sic] by the Parker-Palo Pinto Co. Medical Society.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department (Souvenir)

Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department (Souvenir)

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST