You limited your search to:

 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
[A Parade in 1925]

[A Parade in 1925]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A military contingent of the 1925 West Texas Chamber of Commerce Parade in Mineral Wells is shown here. The parade is proceeding west in the 100 block of NE 2nd Street. Please note the Mineral Wells Sanatorium in the upper right of the photograph just east of the old Post Office. Please note also the double line of angle-parked automobiles on the street.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[North Oak Avenue Street Scene]

[North Oak Avenue Street Scene]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A street scene of North Oak Avenue, looking north from Hubbard Street, taken about 1930, includes businesses as: Palace Drug Company, Owl Book Store, American Cafe, Poston Dry Goods, Max Miller's Shoe Store, Caldwell Hotel, Texas Power and Light, Bath House and Crazy Water Hotel. Please note that the street has been paved, and a traffic light is present.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[People in a Parade]

[People in a Parade]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A buggy is shown here, filled with people dressed in what appears to be fashions from the 1920's. The buggy wheels are decorated for a parade and the buggy itself has the name "T. J. Green" on it. The location appears to be in front of the Gibson Well in the 700 block of NW 2nd Avenue, now [2008] the location of the First Christian Church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Time Was in Mineral Wells

Time Was in Mineral Wells

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The dust cover of "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells... 1975 Edition." It is considered the first pictorial history of the city. The book is the product of A.F. Weaver, whose collection of photographs constitutes this collection.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Lower End of Mesquite St.

Lower End of Mesquite St.

Date: 1900-05?
Creator: unknown
Description: A view of Mesquite Street (in 2008: NE 1st Avenue), taken in 1910, and looking south-east. The scene shows horse-drawn wagons loaded with cotton bales. Electrical lines are visible. The building at the northeast corner of East Hubbard Street and South Mesquite Street is the D.M. Howard Block. D. M Howard was the first of five Howard brothers to come to Mineral Wells and establish businesses. There was a Dry Goods store on the left end of the building, a millinery shop above it, and a grocery store was in the building to the right. Later the J.M. Belcher Furniture occupied the building; and still later, R&W Furniture. Demolition of the building began March 17 of 1975 to make room for the Savings and Loan Building and a parking lot. The First State Bank now [2007] occupies this entire block.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
One of the Residence Streets

One of the Residence Streets

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Pictured here is a promotional brochure. The main part of the picture is a view looking west on Moore Street (now NE 6th Street). At the left (south) side of the street, in the middle distance, is the Hexagon House Hotel that was built by David G. Galbraith, inventor of the paper clip. The hotel opened in 1897. To the immediate left is the Gibson Well and Drinking Pavilion. At the far corner of the Gibson property, in the middle of the street, appears to be the public drinking fountain shown in a companion picture--AWO_1076P--which is also included in the Weaver Collection. The fountain was apparently removed from the intersection when the "Dinky cars" began operating to Lake Pinto in 1905. The poor quality of the image is due to print screening.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Memorial Day Parade 1955

Memorial Day Parade 1955

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a float, sponsored by the State National Bank, that depicts the raising the American flag on the island of Iwo Jima during WWII. The float is passing in front of the Oak Avenue Cafe at the corner of NE 2nd Street and Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. The G and A Feed store, pictured in the background, faces NE 2nd Street.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
In The Good Old Days

In The Good Old Days

Date: 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is accompanied by a newspaper article that chronicles the activities of a group of men repairing the public highway between Mineral Wells and Palo Pinto in the year 1920--before the Texas Highway Department was created. Pictured are the following people: Harold Guinn on left with spade. J. L. Miller on truck fender. Standing, left to right: Red Taylor, George Oliver, Johnnie Liveley; Irl Preston and W. T. Tygrett shaking hands, with Joe Dillon standing between them. Also standing in the background are Clarence Wewerkka, W. C. Caldwell, W. I. Smith, and Lawrence Davis. The photograph is listed as courtesy of W. T. Tygrett.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Paving East Hubbard Street in Mineral Wells]

[Paving East Hubbard Street in Mineral Wells]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A group of men work on paving East Hubbard street in Mineral Wells. Electrical lines are present. Street paving in Mineral Wells began in 1914. On the right is the Richards House. Behind the house is Lamar Flats water pavilion, now [2008]the site of the Baker Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Mesquite Street, Looking South]

[Mesquite Street, Looking South]

Date: 1912?
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a view of Mesquite Street (Now--2008--NE First Avenue) from its upper end at Coke Street (now NE 2nd Street). Horse-drawn vehicles are present. The building at the left middle of the picture with the "DRUGS" sign and the stone lion statue on its roof is the Yeager Building, home of what was popularly called "The Lion Drug Store." The first building on right, 205 NE First Street (with arched windows) was H. M. Coleman's clothing store for men, which even at this early date, appears to be undergoing renovation.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library