You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
[Two Men and a Woman]

[Two Men and a Woman]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows two unidentified men and a woman. The photograph is believed to have been taken during construction of the road up Wynn Mountain east of Palo Pinto (prior to construction of the Bankhead Highway, which was built following passage of "Good Roads Act" in 1916.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Two  Men at Inspiration Point

Two Men at Inspiration Point

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men are here seen sitting on a bench at Inspiration Point. The photograph is believed to have been taken about the year 1920. The bluffs above the Brazos River are visible in the background. The man at the far left has been identified as Bealer Beard, at one time an owner of a construction company in Mineral wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Two men dressed as Bonnie and Clyde]

[Two men dressed as Bonnie and Clyde]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men, posing as the notorious gangsters of the 'thirties (Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow), standing beside a (1932 Ford?), are shown in front of Woods Camera Shop. Woods Camera Shop advertises (on a faded sign in front of the store) "Eastman Dealer - Enlarging Framing Finishing - Kodaks Loaned Free" The occasion of this disguise remains, as yet, unknown.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Two women in a Wheelbarrow]

[Two women in a Wheelbarrow]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Two unknown young ladies are shown posing in a wheelbarrow in Wylie Park, located in the 100 block of NE 2nd Street (see page 115 of "Time Was", second edition). Wylie Park seems to have been a project of the local ladies' garden Club, who developed various empty areas around town into garden plots. The first Catholic church on the side of West Mountain appears to be barely visible in the far distance, indicating that the photograph has been taken looking to the west. The photograph unfortunately bears no date.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Two Women in Wylie Park]

[Two Women in Wylie Park]

Date: 1914?
Creator: unknown
Description: Two women are pictured strolling in Wylie Park. Notes on back of the photograph read: "Corner of N. Oak and N.E. 1st Street, the West side of Wylie Park, a popular place for strolling." N. Oak Avenue is in background, with North to the right in the picture. Hazelwood Drugs is on the west side of Oak Ave, opposite the park. Mineral Wells. The streets of Mineral Wells were paved in the summer of 1914. A wagon can be seen traveling north on Oak Avenue. What appears to be a work crew may be seen at the corner indicates that the finishing touches may have been in the process of being applied to the paving as the picture was taken.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tygrett House]

[The Tygrett House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Tygrett Hotel, built as a Room-and-Board Hotel about 1910, is still located at 415 NW 4th Street. The house is named "Silk Stocking Row" at this time [2008], and is currently Mineral Wells' only Bed and Breakfast Inn. The house is Queen Anne style, free classic sub-type. Note the unusual two-story wrap-around porch and the the polygonal tower. The Palladian windows and classic columns are characteristic of this sub-type. This photograph appears on page 105 of the "Time Was"..., Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
U.S. O. Club, Mineral Wells, Texas

U.S. O. Club, Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The only information available about this photograph is solely the legend on it, identifying it as the U.S.O. Club of Mineral Wells, Texas. Further details in regard to this club would be welcome.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [An Un-named Water Well]

[An Un-named Water Well]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Since the mineral water that was needed for commercial purposes did not flow in convenient springs, it was necessary to pump it out of the ground by way of wells. The wells were abandoned when the fad for the water evaporated. For example, what remains of this water well(only its head)is at the North West corner of NW 9th Street and NW 3rd Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Una McLaughlin Home]

[The Una McLaughlin Home]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The "Una McLaughlin" home is located on NW 23rd Street. This photograph was taken in July, 1975. Built in 1927 by J.C. Cunningham, an oil operator. The home was sold in 1931 to Judge E.B. Ritchie. It was purchased in 1973 by Una McLaughlin. The tile in the living room fireplace is the same as used in the Baker Hotel. The tile, stained glass in the breakfast room, and the light fixtures are in the Art Deco style. The architectural style of the house is Italian Renaissance. It shows signs of remodeling.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Unknown Boarding House]

[An Unknown Boarding House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library