You limited your search to:

 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building,  Parking Lot ]

[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building, Parking Lot ]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: A parking lot for Lynch Plaza and the Martin Building is located at the corner of West Hubbard Street and SE 1st Avenue. The Berry and Associates Building is visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The First State Bank stands at this location as of 2008.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

Date: 1988?
Creator: unknown
Description: Businesses are shown here at the southwest corner of West Hubbard Street and South Oak Avenue: The location of the original Colonial Hotel. (It was originally built in 1906 by J.T. Holt for his second wife who would not live in the country, and it was renamed the Damron Hotel about 1917 when Agnew and Bessie Damron traded a ranch for it. The hotel burned in 1975.) The small white building in the left middle foreground is a back view of Cole's House of Flowers (where Davidson's Hardware also burned in the Damron Hotel fire), next to it is Hill's Style Shoppe and Mineral Wells Office Supply. The vacant lot in the foreground is the location of the former Damron hotel. At the far left edge of the picture, to the east and across Oak Avenue, is Lynch Plaza which was built on the site of the former Oxford Hotel, that burned in 1983, along with the First National Bank. Lynch Plaza is named for J.A. Lynch, Mineral Wells' founder. who had a well drilled at this location in 1880, and discovered the source of mineral water that made Mineral Wells the most popular health spa in the nation at ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The Savings and Loan building, in this 1988 view (looking south down SE 1st Avenue), is in the left foreground on the southeast corner of Hubbard and 1st Avenue. Across SE 1st Avenue (to the right and west of the Savings and Loan) is the parking lot for Lynch Plaza. In the background, the next street south is SE 1st Street. The Dollar General store occupies the former Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the southeast corner of this next block (near the center of the picture), where Mineral Wells' first Post Office once stood. The Savings and Loan building was eventually torn down, and the First State Bank is now [2008] at this location.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Centennial Booklet of First Baptist Church]

[A Centennial Booklet of First Baptist Church]

Date: October 10, 1982
Creator: unknown
Description: A booklet of twenty pages, celebrating centennial anniversary of First Baptist Church of Mineral Wells, October 10, 1982, it indicates that the Reverend Bobby E. Moore was pastor at the time. The booklet is paperback and vanilla-colored. The text is in brown sans-serif. The interior text is in script.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Brochure, Titled "Mineral Wells - A Town Built on Water"]

[A Brochure, Titled "Mineral Wells - A Town Built on Water"]

Date: 1981~
Creator: unknown
Description: One side of a fold-out brochure produced by the Mineral Wells Chamber of Commerce, probably during the City's centennial year, 1981. On the reverse side is a statement: "Mineral Wells, a Texas Main Street City, looks back over a century of history rich with the tales of early day ranching and the discovery of mineral water and its medicinal qualities." Color photographs of the city and its scenic area landmarks are contained in the brochure, along with a listing of some annual local activities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The East Side of the (Third) First Presbyterian Church Building]

[The East Side of the (Third) First Presbyterian Church Building]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture shows the back (east) side of the third First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, Texas. It features an arched window, and (presumably) the dedicatory cornerstone. Due to structural damage, this building was torn down in the 1980's, and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church - the third building at 300 NW 4th Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The First Presbyterian Church]

[The First Presbyterian Church]

Date: 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is the south side of the third First Presbyterian Church building, at 300 NW 4th Ave., and the second one at this site. Due to structural damage to the foundation, the building was torn down during the 1980's and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church building - the third at this location. The building reflects an eclectic architecture, principally in Neo-classic style.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13:   Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the first in a series of pictures of architectural details that was taken prior to demolition of the Presbyterian church of Mineral Wells. The first church in Mineral Wells built by the Presbyterians in 1883 was located at the southwest corner of what is now the Crazy Hotel block. The early church served both the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, and was sold to the Baptist congregation. The First Presbyterian Church was built at 300 NW 4th Avenue in 1896, and burned in 1908 This domed structure replaced it. This picture shows the front entrance to the Sanctuary of this second First Presbyterian Church in Mineral Wells, Texas, built in 1909, at this location. This picturesque building survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed the two-by-three city block area surrounding it. The building suffered serious structural deterioration to its foundation, and was replaced in the the 1980's by a more modern structure.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 2 of 13:   SW Corner]

[First Presbyterian Church - 2 of 13: SW Corner]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture is the second in a series about the First Presbyterian Church, showing the juncture of the south side of the building and the main entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the building (left in the photograph.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library