Date: December 22, 1975
Description: The Damron Hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 during the heyday of Mineral Wells as a popular resort city. Mr. J. T. Holt built it for his second wife, who would not live in the country. It was traded in 1917 for a ranch to Agnew and Bessie Damron, and the name was changed to reflect the new ownership. It burned completely on December 22, 1975. This picture shows the front entrance under a dark plume of black smoke, with flames breaking through the upper floors of the front wall. Two people (one with a hard hat, and one without)stand observing the proceedings.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library