Description: This is a February, 1974, photograph of the home at 215 NE 2nd Street, just north of the Baker Hotel. It was called the Thompson Home at that time, because it was occupied by Dr. A. W. Thompson as late as 1924. He built it in 1896 as a wedding present to his second wife. Dr. Thompson also owned a bath house and the Lamar Flats. Of Queen Anne style, spindle work subtype, the house was extensively restored in 2006 by Mr. Bill Pratt, Jr. This photograph appears in "Time Was..." on page 141.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library