You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1890-1899
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[40th and Avenue G in Hyde Park ]

[40th and Avenue G in Hyde Park ]

Date: 1893
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the site of 40th and Avenue G in Hyde Park, taken before Avenue G was built.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High School Mid A. Grade, 1896

Austin High School Mid A. Grade, 1896

Date: April 13, 1896
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Austin High School Mid A. Grade class portrait on April 13, 1896. Austin High School opened in 1881. The class consists of 22 young women and five young men seated and standing in front of a school building at 11th Street and Rio Grande Street. There is a broken window behind the woman (Clara Whitteu) on the far left of the group, and a man stands nearly out of frame on the far left. From left to right (first row, seated): Gene Clark, Annie Spence, Mamie Heflybower, Lenora Patterson, Nellie Brown, Haysie Heflybower, Edna Slaughter, Molly Alison, George Decherd; (second row standing and seated): Clara Whitteu, Doree Durfee, LuEmma Raymond, Nan Turner, Kate Mayes, Willie Smith, Gracie Taylor, Laura Hirshfeld, Mary Perry; (last row, seated and standing): Ira Hamilton, Bessie Walsh, Zella Swancoat, Erin Crane, Lula Rose, Scott Key, Ansell Carouth, Will Orr, and Harry Bach.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin White Lime Company]

[Austin White Lime Company]

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of Austin White Lime Company. There is a man walking in front of the building and there are lime kilns in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Brick laying crew, West Sixth Street, looking West

Brick laying crew, West Sixth Street, looking West

Date: 1890..1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the railroad crew laying bricks around rail lines on West 6th street looking west. Trolly and telegraph wires cross heavily overhead. A large sign on a building behind the crew reads "Phoenix Saloon / Ice Cold Lager Beer / Wines Liquor." A penciled caption in the lower left reads "Some Texas / sunshine."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Bridge over Barton Creek]

[Bridge over Barton Creek]

Date: December 1894
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a bridge over Barton Creek.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
East track concreted

East track concreted

Date: [1890..1899]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the concrete team working on the east railroad track on Congress Avenue, looking toward the Capitol. The crews are working hard in the background while horses and carts line up to visit the clothing and shoe shops that line the road. Signs are visible for Carl Mayer Jeweler, Wright & Robinson, Mens Outfitters, Emil Risse art photographer, a commercial college and a laundry. A trolley car is visible in the distance.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Exterior of Decker Methodist Church]

[Exterior of Decker Methodist Church]

Date: 1892~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front exterior of Decker Methodist Church circa 1892. The church was built in 1879 and was moved in 1901. There is a large group standing in front of the church. Among those present are Reverend August Wallin, S.A. Lundell (grandfather of Mrs. Simon Swahn who was Hilma Johnson) and his brother Gustav Lundell, L.P. Swahn (father of Simon Swahn)and his brother C.J. Swahn, and F.G. Swenson.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Four University of Texas at Austin football players in uniform with 1898 ball]

[Four University of Texas at Austin football players in uniform with 1898 ball]

Date: 1898/1899-01-22
Creator: Journeay, William O.
Description: Photograph of four University of Texas football players, three standing and one kneeling on one knee and holding an 1898 football. The photograph is mounted on a cabinet card. The UT student players are wearing uniforms consisting of dark turtleneck sweaters with a large "T" centered on the chest, quilted padded pants, shin guards and leather lace-up ankle boots. The reverse of the photograph notes that the photograph is from the James H. Hart Estate. Hart is standing at the far left in the photograph. James Hart was an end on the 1897 football team, a tackle on the 1898 team and captain on the 1899 team. He led UT to 23-5 mark during his four seasons, including 6-0 record in 1900. Hart also served as secretary of the athletic association, and editor in chief of the 1899 Cactus. He returned to UT football as coach in 1902, leading the Longhorns to a 6-3-1 record, and served 26 years as alumni representative to UT Athletics Council.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the northeast.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
The Governor's Mansion

The Governor's Mansion

Date: 1894
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST