You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1900-1909
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Early photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation from a high vantage point across the street, showing lot in front of the mansion, grounds. The Carriage House is visible behind trees to the right of the mansion. A wooden fence is visible behind the mansion, but other fences are removed. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1909 was Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin Dam Broken after Flood]

[Austin Dam Broken after Flood]

Date: January 1, 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a view southeast at the Austin Dam on the Colorado River after breaking during a flood.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High School class of 1907

Austin High School class of 1907

Date: 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the twenty-four students in the Austin High School class of 1907. Bottom row (left to right): Ernest von Rosenberg, Tom Byrne, Harwood Stacey, Eugene Hill, Offie Leonard. Middle row (left to right): Arthur Crawford, Irene Maddox, Lillian Krohn, Eva von Homeyer, Louise Smith, Elva Powell, Amelia Nelson, Mabel Harrison, William Ruggles. Back row standing (left to right): Harris Brush, Mary Thaxton, Juanita Yarbrough, Leona Dean, Esther Bishop, Anna Maxwell, Josephine McGuire, P.J. Anthony, and William Jackson. Not present: Johanna Runge and Windom Burke.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High School graduates of 1908

Austin High School graduates of 1908

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Austin High School graduating class of 1908. Bottom row (left to right): John D. Miller, Ralph Goeth. Middle row (seated left to right): Walter Arlitt, Julius Runge, Robert F. Campbell, M.E. Rogers Jr., Raymond Phelps, Robert Bright, Rufus Waterson. Middle row (standing left to right): Lucy Blocker, Pauline von Rosenberg, Pauline Rex, Katie Clark, Laura Tucker, Janie Tannehill, Inez Slaughter, Salome Anthony, Lomie Layton, Louise Lambie, Cammie Briggs, May Belle Robbins, Lillian Clarke, Nannie von Rosenberg. Back row (standing left to right): Annie F. Campbell, Frankie Cochran, Florence Sears, Lena Rogan, Anna Magee, Agnes Robertson, Edna von Rosenberg, Mabel Maud. Absent: Nettie B. Sullivan (inset bottom right), Rosa Maas, and Preston Reynolds (not pictured).
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Capitol Grounds - Austin, Texas

Capitol Grounds - Austin, Texas

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Capitol Grounds in Austin, Texas. The photograph is on the front of a postcard written to Joe Harrell in Kingsland, Texas from Bob. The correspondene on the postcard reads, "It is he_ _ to have to go back to work after having such a fun easy time. Regards to All. Bob."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Couples in State Lunatic Asylum Park]

[Couples in State Lunatic Asylum Park]

Date: 1901
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two couples at the State Lunatic Asylum Park. "Mary" and "C.H.W." are in seated in the foreground. The names of the couple on the bridge are unknown. The hospital opened in 1856, is operated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, and changed its name in 1925. It is the oldest psychiatric hospital in the state of Texas and the third oldest standing public building in the state. It opened with 12 patients and saw as many as 3000 at once time. The Austin State Hospital currently houses around 300 patients, most staying for about a week during treatment.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Court-House crowd [Group of Travis County officials standing on the steps of a stone building]

Court-House crowd [Group of Travis County officials standing on the steps of a stone building]

Date: 1900?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of men wearing suits standing on the steps of what may be either the Travis County Courthouse or the Travis County Jail. The identified men, including Judge George Calhoun, District Clerk James P. Hart, and Deputy Sheriff Fred Peck, are all Travis County officials, but most of the group are unidentified. One of the the men is African American, and he appears to be the only person not wearing a suit coat. Several of the men are wearing ties -- including bow ties, string ties and neck ties -- and several are wearing vests and have watch chains. The building behind them is made of stone blocks, with rusticated blocks below and ashlar blocks above. There is a door in the center of the photograph, behind the men, and it is flanked by two double-hung sash windows. Inscribed below the image in ink is "Court-House crowd", and the identifications are written in either ink or pencil with arrows pointing to the identified person.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Deserted Log Cabin]

[Deserted Log Cabin]

Date: February 22, 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of a deserted log cabin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Emancipation Day Celebration band, June 19, 1900]

[Emancipation Day Celebration band, June 19, 1900]

Date: June 19, 1900
Creator: Stephenson, Mrs. Charles (Grace Murray)
Description: Photograph of African-American band at Emancipation Day celebration, June 19, 1900, held in "East Woods" on East 24th Street in Austin. Mrs. Grace Murray Stephenson kept a diary of the day's events, which she later sold to the San Francisco Chronicle, which wrote a full-page feature on it.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Emancipation Day Celebration, June 19, 1900]

[Emancipation Day Celebration, June 19, 1900]

Date: June 19, 1900
Creator: Stephenson, Mrs. Charles (Grace Murray)
Description: Photograph of Emancipation Day celebration, June 19, 1900 held in "East Woods" on East 24th Street in Austin. Mrs. Grace Murray Stephenson also kept a diary of the day's events which she sold to the San Francisco Chronicle which reported a full-page feature on it.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST