You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[E. 4th Street, Austin, TX]

[E. 4th Street, Austin, TX]

Date: March 27, 1959
Creator: City of Austin
Description: Photograph of the 800 blocks of E. 4th Street looking east. Austin Pipe & Supply Co. is on the south side of the street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial view of courts and seats at Caswell Tennis Center]

[Aerial view of courts and seats at Caswell Tennis Center]

Date: June 20, 1950
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of all six tennis courts, spectator stands, and parking at the Caswell Tennis Center on Shoal Creek at 24th and N. Lamar. Two men's doubles matches are visible in the back two courts. Spectators crowd in the shade under the awning. Residential neighborhoods are visible behind the tennis courts in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial view of the construction of Palmer Municipal Auditorium]

[Aerial view of the construction of Palmer Municipal Auditorium]

Date: 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the construction of the old Palmer Municipal Auditorium as seen from the air looking south toward Barton Springs Road at the top of the view, with Riverside Drive at the bottom. Portions of the Auditorium's concrete frame are completed, and the metal framework for the flyloft is under construction. Several commercial buildings are visible on Barton Springs Road. The site is littered with construction debris, and various construction support buildings are visible.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Camp Mabry

Camp Mabry

Date: 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a building at Camp Mabry with cars and trucks parked outside.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Dining room interior of the Villa Capri Motor Hotel]

[Dining room interior of the Villa Capri Motor Hotel]

Date: 1958
Creator: Mears, Dewey G.
Description: Photograph of Villa Capri Motel restaurant dining room, located at 2300 North Interregional Highway (East Avenue, now I-35), with a burnished steel sunken charcoal broiling pit, for cooking steaks, in the center. There are overhead chandeliers made of bundles of radiating brass rods that simulate sunbursts, or perhaps exploding atoms. On the far wall is a modern wall design made with colored panels. The vaulted ceiling has exposed beams. Four-top dining tables with white table cloths are set with plates and utensils. The metal welding work at the Villa Capri Motor Hotel Restaurant was done by Milton Messer, who operated the Modern Supply Company machinists and welders from 1942 to 1982.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Domestic Science Senior Cooking Class, Austin High School, 1908

Domestic Science Senior Cooking Class, Austin High School, 1908

Date: January 7, 1956
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1908 domestic science senior cooking class at Austin High School. Bottom row (left to right): Annie Lou Puckett, Lily Ecklund, Lora Turner, Fannie Walker, Rosa Maas. Middle row (left to right): Katie Clark, Nettie B. Sullivan, Adele Barbisch, Clara Stovall, Alice Ramsdell, Lomie Layton. Top row (left to row): Miss Bell (teacher from Denton), Inez Slaughter, Nona Lewis, Janie Tannehill, Bessie Enlow, Mabel Maud, May Belle Robbins, Bessie Pate, Emma Seeker and Salome Anthony. Photo gift of Mrs. Mabel Maud Huckaby.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion with trees]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion with trees]

Date: 1955
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation and south elevation showing the grounds and walkway, the stairs of which are bisected by a sidewalk. The upper porch is screened and partially obscured by a tree on the front lawn. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1955 was Governor Alan Shivers. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Girls and boys playing at Rosewood Park]

[Girls and boys playing at Rosewood Park]

Date: [1959, 1969]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of children playing at a Rosewood Park baseball field. The boys form one circle by holding hands with each around the pitching mound and a second circle by holding hands around home plate (on the left) other while the girls form a third circle by holding hands with each other around the path from home plate to first base. Parents of both sexes observe and instruct. A bicycle is visible on the lower left. The view of the field is from the first base bleachers, looking toward left field. A car and a few homes are visible beyond left field.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: April 1959
Creator: Studer's of Texas
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST