You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Groomsmen wait to catch the garter at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis]

[Groomsmen wait to catch the garter at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis]

Date: 1970~
Creator: Penzenstadler, Joan
Description: Photograph of several groomsmen wearing black tuxedos and ruffled shirts wait for the garter toss at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis. Two men hold the stretched garter up in the air. A group of women, including two young girls wearing long dresses, look on in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Wedding party dancing at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis]

[Wedding party dancing at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis]

Date: 1970~
Creator: Penzenstadler, Joan
Description: Photograph of a group of people dancing at a wedding. The women wear flowered bridesmaid dresses, elbow-length white gloves and short veils, and the men wear tuxedos. The women are holding long-stem flowers tied with trailing ribbons. The bride is partially visible towards the back of the group. A small group of people are seated off to the left.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Elazar Tamayo and his wife, Lupe Tamayo]

[Elazar Tamayo and his wife, Lupe Tamayo]

Date: 1970~
Creator: Penzenstadler, Joan
Description: Photograph of Elazar Tamayo and his wife, Lupe Tamayo, a Hispanic or Latino couple, visible from the waist up, standing in front of a building. Both appear to be in their late 50s or early 60s. He has salt-and-pepper hair and a moustache, and she has dark, wavy chin-length hair. She is wearing a sleeveless, open-collar cotton shirt, and he is wearing a button-front shirt with elbow-length sleeves. The 1976 Austin City Directory lists their residence as 1100 Lilly Terrace.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Exterior of Governor's Mansion]

[Exterior of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a side/rear exterior view of the Governor's Mansion looking northeast. The grounds and fire escape are shown, and the Capitol building is in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the northeast.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Main Building and baseball field at Rosewood Recreation Center]

[Main Building and baseball field at Rosewood Recreation Center]

Date: 1936
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Photograph of Rosewood Recreation Center, showing the historic Bertram-Huppertz home which became the clubhouse and bath house once the park was established for black citizens. The City acquired the 1875 home of Rudolph Bertram, and adjacent land at 2300 Rosewood Avenue, from his daugheter Emmie Bertram Huppertz (Mrs. Charles Huppertz) in 1928, for the purpose of creating a segregated park for the African American community. The development included a swimming pool for Negros. A grand stone staircase was constructed next to the building by the Civil Works Administration (C. W. A.) in 1934, leading down to a baseball field. This view shows the side of the two-story stone house, designed by architect Joseph Sherwin, with two bay windows on the first floor. The stone steps and ball field are visible in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Rosewood park bandstand]

[Rosewood park bandstand]

Date: August 23, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Photograph of the empty Rosewood Park bandstand. The bandstand is surrounded by electric light posts, and a large tree offers shade to the left.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Construction of the Rosewood Recreation Center, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park]

[Construction of the Rosewood Recreation Center, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park]

Date: December 10, 1943
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Photograph of construction of the Negro Recreation Building in Rosewood Park. Three men stand on the back of a 1930s flat bed truck, as they use a crane mounted on the truck to lift half of a laminated wooden semi-circular arched truss into place. Two of the trusses are already completed in the background. The scaffolding used to support workers joining the trusses at their centers stands to the back of the truck. The trusses are joined by cross members, and the half truss erected to the left in the photograph is supported by a post, awaiting the other half of the truss. Two wooden saw horses and several stacks of bags of cement(?) are on the ground under and near the trusses. This photograph appeared in the 1944 Annual Report of the Austin Recreation Department, on page 48, labeled "New Gymnasium - Auditorium at Rosewood".
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Children around USN sand sculpture at Sandcraft]

[Children around USN sand sculpture at Sandcraft]

Date: June 23, 1943
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photography Laboratory
Description: Photograph of a group of children around a sandbox with a sand sculpture of an anchor and the initials U.S.N. (United States Navy) imprinted over it at Sandcraft Park.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Arch construction of the Negro Recreation Building, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park]

[Arch construction of the Negro Recreation Building, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park]

Date: December 10, 1943
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab, Austin
Description: Photograph of the construction of an arch at the Negro Recreation Building, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park. A man in a fedora sits astride a semi-circular laminated wooden truss, working on joining it at the center. This truss, and two completed trusses in the background are framed against the sky. The trusses are supported by posts, and temporarily joined together with wooden cross braces. The top of a wooden scaffold is visible in the lower right corner of the image.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library