You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Governor's Mansion with trees]

[Governor's Mansion with trees]

Date: [1930..1959]
Creator: Boone
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion from northeast looking at the front of the mansion partially obscured by trees. The upper porch is screened. There are leaves strewn on the lawn. The steps on the walkway are flanked by urns and the sidewalk is visible in the foreground. A flag pole is mostly obscured by a tree on the right, but the state flag can be seen reaching above the topmost branches. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Guadalupe Street

Guadalupe Street

Date: April 17, 1927
Creator: Boone
Description: Photograph of Guadalupe Street taken from the west approximately where the present-day "The Drag" is located. A street car is in motion along the street. Texas Bookstore, University Co-Op and Roach Brothers pharmacy are on the west side of Guadalupe Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion with trees]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion with trees]

Date: 1955
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation and south elevation showing the grounds and walkway, the stairs of which are bisected by a sidewalk. The upper porch is screened and partially obscured by a tree on the front lawn. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1955 was Governor Alan Shivers. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion from the grounds]

[Governor's Mansion from the grounds]

Date: 1929
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion looking southeast from northwest side of the mansion on the grounds. Trees and a stone birdbath are visible in front of and partially obscure the mansion from view. A sprinkler is on and watering the lawn on the right side of the mansion. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1929 was Governor Dan Moody. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion with screened upper porch

[Governor's Mansion with screened upper porch

Date: January 1, 1939
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion east elevation, showing the walkway with partial planting bed along it. The upper porch is screened, and the entry steps are concrete with iron railings. A stone birdbath is visible at the mansion's northeast corner. A bench is partially visible under an oak on the left. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1939 was Governor W. Lee O'Daniel. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Seaholm Power Plant rear view]

[Seaholm Power Plant rear view]

Date: [1929,1951]
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the rear view of the Seaholm Power Plant. The river can be seen on the right with the capitol building in the background. The Seaholm Power Plant was constructed in the 1930s and was eventually demolished in the 1960s.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of the Texas State Capitol Building]

[Aerial View of the Texas State Capitol Building]

Date: 192*
Creator: Boone Photo Co.
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of the Texas State Capitol building and surrounding area.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Golfers on the green at Municipal Golf Course]

[Golfers on the green at Municipal Golf Course]

Date: 1934/unknown
Creator: Boone Photo Co.
Description: Photograph of the green from the trees; man in foreground, five men with clubs in background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1945
Creator: Boone Photo Co.
Description: Photograph of the Governor's Mansion taken from the front lawn.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion Conservatory]

[Governor's Mansion Conservatory]

Date: 1937
Creator: Boone Photo Co.
Description: Photograph of the conservatory, also called the family dining room at the Texas Governor's Mansion. It had green walls with white woodwork, marquisette curtains with ball fringe, a rose colored carpet, and early 1900s furniture painted and antiqued in green’, (Blodgett info sheet, TSLA). The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1937 was Democratic Governor James V. Allred. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library