You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

Date: 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a corner view of the Driskill Hotel taken from the southeast corner of 6th Sreet and Brazos.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1888
Creator: Hillyer, H. B.
Description: Photograph of exterior front of Texas Governor's Mansion. The columns are dark, and the grounds are a bit unkempt and the windows shuttered. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1886 was Governor Lawrence Sullivan Ross. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: May 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building taken from the south. The words "Souvenir May 1888" appear in the bottom center of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Anderson High School students]

[Anderson High School students]

Date: [1889, 1920]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Anderson High School students lined up outside the schoolhouse which is either at Olive and Curve Streets or at Pennsylvania Street (currently Kealing Middle school). This class is composed of mostly female African American students.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: 1889
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin White Lime Company]

[Austin White Lime Company]

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of Austin White Lime Company. There is a man walking in front of the building and there are lime kilns in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Brick laying crew, West Sixth Street, looking West

Brick laying crew, West Sixth Street, looking West

Date: 1890..1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the railroad crew laying bricks around rail lines on West 6th street looking west. Trolly and telegraph wires cross heavily overhead. A large sign on a building behind the crew reads "Phoenix Saloon / Ice Cold Lager Beer / Wines Liquor." A penciled caption in the lower left reads "Some Texas / sunshine."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
East track concreted

East track concreted

Date: [1890..1899]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the concrete team working on the east railroad track on Congress Avenue, looking toward the Capitol. The crews are working hard in the background while horses and carts line up to visit the clothing and shoe shops that line the road. Signs are visible for Carl Mayer Jeweler, Wright & Robinson, Mens Outfitters, Emil Risse art photographer, a commercial college and a laundry. A trolley car is visible in the distance.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Impact at uknown game at Clark Field]

[Impact at uknown game at Clark Field]

Date: [1890..1919]
Creator: Hart, James H.
Description: Photograph of low angle shot of an impact at an uknown game at Clark Field. The weather is sunny and cloudless. Even at this close range, it is difficult to determine which players belong to which team. At this time players did not wear helmets or protective padding. Their uniforms consisted of opposing colors and did not contain team names, logos, player names, or numbers. The University of Texas began its football program in 1893 managed by Albert Lefevra, playing two games in the fall and two in the spring. The following year, the team hired its first official head coach, R.D. Wentworth.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Kickoff of unkown game at Clark Field]

[Kickoff of unkown game at Clark Field]

Date: [1890..1919]
Creator: Hart, James H.
Description: Photograph of kickoff of an unknown football game at Clark Field. The weather is sunny and cloudless, and a crowd watches while standing across the field. The University of Texas began its football program in 1893 managed by Albert Lefevra, playing two games in the fall and two in the spring. The following year, the team hired its first official head coach, R.D. Wentworth.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library