Description: Photograph of the back of Blackshear Elementary School, which is located at 1712 East 11th Street and backs onto Lawson Lane and was constructed in 1936. A two story brick building with a flat roof, the school was named for Edward Lavernia Blackshear, a former administrative supervisor of Austin's African-American schools. The building is symetrically designed, with groups of windows on the first and second floors. In the lower right corner of the image, hands hold a chalk board sign that reads, "2-14 5-BLACKSHEAR". There is a wood frame buidling in the background with a 7-Up sign over the entrance. A street sign in the foreground reads Lawson Lane and what appears to be Botson Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library