You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Hands working iron with chisel]

[Hands working iron with chisel]

Date: 197u
Creator: Austin Citizen Photograph
Description: Photograph of a man's hands working on an iron project. The hands are cracked, callused, and worn from decades of working with iron. They could belong to Fortunat Weigl or to one of his sons Lee or Herbert. Weigl Iron Works was established on Exposition Boulevard in 1922 by German immigrant and founder Fortunat Weigl and moved shortly afterwards to its location at 100 Red River. Fortunat was joined in business by his sons who operated the business after Fortunat's death in 1973 until their retirement in 1977. In 1978, Iron Works BBQ opened at the 100 Red River location in honor of the building's history.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Hello Dolly at the Zilker Hillside Theater

Hello Dolly at the Zilker Hillside Theater

Date: 2003
Creator: Williamson, Nolen E.
Description: Photograph of "Hello Dolly" performed on stage at the Zilker Park Hillside Theater in Austin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Hello Dolly at the Zilker Hillside Theater

Hello Dolly at the Zilker Hillside Theater

Date: 2003
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of "Hello Dolly" being performed at Zilker Hillside Theater in Austin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Holly Street Power Station

Holly Street Power Station

Date: September 27, 1963
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men in the control room of the Holly Street Power Plant, Austin, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Holy Cross Hospital entrance]

[Holy Cross Hospital entrance]

Date: 197u
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front of Holy Cross Hospital facility. Cars are parked to the left and right of the entrance. The hospital was established on the church grounds in 1940, but moved to its larger facility seen here at 2610 East 19th (now Martin Luther King Jr.) Street in 1951 under the charge of the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. The hospital was closed in 1989.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Home Damaged by Colorado River Flood]

[Home Damaged by Colorado River Flood]

Date: [..1909]
Creator: Marks, H. R.
Description: Photograph of a house damaged by the Colorado River flood.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Horse Cart Full of Bath Tubs]

[Horse Cart Full of Bath Tubs]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a man driving a horse-drawn cart full of old fashioned bath tubs. The side of cart reads "Electric & Plumbing." Several men are walking ahead of the cart.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Horse-drawn Streetcar]

[Horse-drawn Streetcar]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Two horses pulling a street car. A man stands at the front of the streetcar holding the reins.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
House of Representatives Chamber, Texas Capitol Building

House of Representatives Chamber, Texas Capitol Building

Date: 1894
Creator: unknown
Description: View of the House of Representatives chamber in the Texas State Capitol Building. Rows of wooden chairs face the front and two painted portraits hang on the walls.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Hunter Cotton Gin]

[Hunter Cotton Gin]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of the Hunter Cotton Gin. There are several men standing around the cotton gin and two men are sitting on horses.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library