You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
New Sweden Lutheran Church

New Sweden Lutheran Church

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of the Lutheran Church in New Sweden, Travis County, Texas. The church has a tall steeple topped with a cross.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[North Loop at Upper Georgetown Road]

[North Loop at Upper Georgetown Road]

Date: March 1937
Creator: City of Austin
Description: Photograph of North Loop at Upper Georgetown Road. There are trees and a small bridge in the foreground. A home and parked car are in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Officers and Directors of Emancipation Park Association, 1909]

[Officers and Directors of Emancipation Park Association, 1909]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of President Thos. J White and a major portion of annual Officers and Directors of the Organization, 1909. Emancipation Park was an effort to purchase private property where African-Americans could celebrate Juneteenth or Emancipation Day without resistance from white citizens.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Anderson High School]

[Old Anderson High School]

Date: 1908/1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the old Anderson High School for Negro students, a two story wood frame building located in the 900 block of Olive Street at the northeast corner of Olive and Curve Streets. Anderson was a segregated school created for colored students. The building appears to be an "L" configuration, with a small porch at the inside corner of the "L", 6/6 wood windows, a wood shingle roof and a brick chimney. Used from 1908 to 1912, the building appears to have been originally constructed as a residential structure. The school was named in honor of Professor E. H. Anderson, the second principal of Prairie View State College, and one of the pioneer educators of the state.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Austin Power Plant boiler room building]

[Old Austin Power Plant boiler room building]

Date: February 25, 1942
Creator: Boone Photo Company
Description: Photograph of a tilted view of the east facade of a boiler room at the old Austin Power Plant, near the site of the existing Seaholm Power Plant at 800 West Cezar Chavez Street. The concrete building has metal commercial windows and a vent stack is visible to the left of the building. A railroad bridge is visible in the background. Constructed during the 1930s, this building was demolished in the 1960s. A rubber stamp on the verso of the print reads: "BOONE's, FEB 25 1942, Austin, Texas". Boone Photo Company offered both photo finishing and commercial photography services.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old City Hall]

[Old City Hall]

Date: October 11, 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Laboratory
Description: Photograph of the Old City Hall building.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Courthouse in Montopolis, Travis County]

[Old Courthouse in Montopolis, Travis County]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an old courthouse east of Montopolis. It is said to be the first court house (now demolished). Sgt. Leslie J. Fox of the Austin Police Department is sitting in the doorway.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
"Old Dismal" Substitute Hook and Ladder Wagon

"Old Dismal" Substitute Hook and Ladder Wagon

Date: June 7, 1895
Creator: Brooks
Description: Photograph of the Substitute Hook and Ladder Wagon and firemen outside of Texas State Capitol building taken from 11th Street and Colorado Street looking east. The Hook and Ladder Wagon is drawn by two horses.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Red Building exterior, Stephen F. Austin High School]

[Old Red Building exterior, Stephen F. Austin High School]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Old Red Campus building, John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School. The building is a large two-story brick structure. Nearly all the windows are open.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Red Campus building, John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School]

[Old Red Campus building, John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School]

Date: 1929/1930
Creator: Jordan-Ellison Photo Company
Description: Photograph of Old Red Campus building, at the John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School, showing an oblique view of the front and side of the classical four-story building. The exterior walls of the first floor are constructed of stone and the upper three floors are dark brick. The front is symetrically arranged in three parts, with the central part inset from the outer parts. Porches stretch across the central part of the first and second floors, and a gable is centered above on the roof. There are punched windows on the upper floors of the front facade, while windows are ganged on the side facade. A portion of the facade, near the back of the building, has a curved wall. There is a three-story brick addition to the side of the building, and there are chute style fire escapes on both the main building and the addition. A parking lot lies to the front of the building, with several circa 1920s cars. A boy wearing knickers stands in the parking lot. The building was completed in 1900 from the plans of Burt McDonald and James Reily, and featured a domed rotunda. It was used as Austin ...
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library