You limited your search to:

 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
Austin, "The Friendly City"

Austin, "The Friendly City"

Date: 1949
Creator: Austin Chamber of Commerce
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol. The photograph appeared on the front of a card given out by the Austin Chamber of Commerce. The back of the card reads as follows, "This Card Certifies that Geo. A. Newgent representing A. J. Maloney Co is a member in good standing of the Austin Chamber of Commerce". The card is signed by the president and the manager of the Austin Chamber of Commerce and states that it will expire Dec. 31, 1949.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin, TX]

[Austin, TX]

Date: August 16, 1949
Creator: Studtman Photo Service
Description: Photograph of the city of Austin looking northeast from the Calcasieu Lumber Company. The Walter Tips Co. Hardware store can be seen on the north side of the street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin, TX]

[Austin, TX]

Date: 196?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Austin, TX taken from the southeast. US-81 and the Holly St. exit ramp sign are in the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin Volunteer Fire Department]

[Austin Volunteer Fire Department]

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Austin Volunteer Fire Department on parade down Congress Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Austin White Lime Company]

[Austin White Lime Company]

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of Austin White Lime Company. There is a man walking in front of the building and there are lime kilns in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Avoid this in fareway No. 2

Avoid this in fareway No. 2

Date: 19uu
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a man standing to show how deep the sand trap is on fareway number two at Austin Municipal Golf Course.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Back view of Blackshear Elementary School, located at 1712 East 11th Street]

[Back view of Blackshear Elementary School, located at 1712 East 11th Street]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the back of Blackshear Elementary School, which is located at 1712 East 11th Street and backs onto Lawson Lane and was constructed in 1936. A two story brick building with a flat roof, the school was named for Edward Lavernia Blackshear, a former administrative supervisor of Austin's African-American schools. The building is symetrically designed, with groups of windows on the first and second floors. In the lower right corner of the image, hands hold a chalk board sign that reads, "2-14 5-BLACKSHEAR". There is a wood frame buidling in the background with a 7-Up sign over the entrance. A street sign in the foreground reads Lawson Lane and what appears to be Botson Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Baptist Church and Capitol Building]

[Baptist Church and Capitol Building]

Date: 1857
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the first church building used by the Baptist Church (left) and the 1853 Capitol building (right).
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Barton Springs]

[Barton Springs]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a crowd of ladies watching two men with large pots on the steps of Barton Springs.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Barton Springs]

[Barton Springs]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Barton Springs.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library