You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Collection: Arlington Police Department Collection
[Image of an APD Charioteers plaque, 1954-1960]

[Image of an APD Charioteers plaque, 1954-1960]

Date: [1954-60]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a Charioteers plaque. A group of young people called the Charioteer Knights were in a hot rod club sponsored by Junior Achievement, Optimist Club and the Arlington Police Department. The Charioteers were used as a method of keeping young people off the streets and still letting them enjoy their cars. It was effective in giving them a place to drag race and show off their automobiles.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Arlington patrol car wrecked by Officer Bill Wills, 1958]

[Arlington patrol car wrecked by Officer Bill Wills, 1958]

Date: 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Arlington patrol car #606 that was accidentally wrecked by Bill Wills in 1958.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, close-up view]

[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, close-up view]

Date: [1950-86]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a mannequin sitting in a chair wearing a motorcycle officer's uniform. The tan uniform was used from the mid 1950s to 1986. In 1986, the Department changed to the dark blue police uniform. Also included in the ensemble is a white helmet, sunglasses, high-top black boots, a black tie, and the APD shoulder patch and breast badge. The mannequin and surrounding items are located in the Arlington police museum. Shown also is the old jail door from the Main Station on 717 W. Main Street.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, wide shot view]

[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, wide shot view]

Date: [1950-86]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a mannequin sitting in a chair wearing a motorcycle officer's uniform. The tan uniform was used from the mid 1950s to 1986. In 1986, the Department changed to the dark blue police uniform. Also included in the ensemble is a white helmet, sunglasses, high-top black boots, a black tie, and the APD shoulder patch and breast badge. The mannequin and surrounding items are located in the Arlington police museum. Shown also is the old jail door from the Main Station on 717 W. Main Street.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 1]

[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 1]

Date: 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1957 APD Reserve Officers. All the men but one on the back row are dressed in a uniform. The group is arranged in two rows with one row standing and one row squatting. Some of the men's names are unknown. Known names are: Jack Ferguson, Emmitt Moore, Jesse Holley, B.J. Hlavaty, Jim Brown, B.L. Yeary, Dick Coffee, G.D. Ned Jr., Leo Mettos, Nat M. Rider, Jerry Tucker, Clayton Jordon and Bobby Wiggins. (Reserve Officers are an auxiliary police force composed of volunteers who serve without pay and receive training from the Arlington Police Department. They serve under the Chief of Police.)
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 2]

[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 2]

Date: 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1957 APD Reserve Officers. All the men but one on the back row are dressed in a uniform. The group is arranged in two rows with one row standing and one row squatting. Some of the men's names are unknown. Known names are: Jack Ferguson, Emmitt Moore, Jesse Holley, B.J. Hlavaty, Jim Brown, B.L. Yeary, Dick Coffee, G.D. Ned Jr., Leo Mettos, Nat M. Rider, Jerry Tucker, Clayton Jordon and Bobby Wiggins. (Reserve Officers are an auxiliary police force composed of volunteers who serve without pay and receive training from the Arlington Police Department. They serve under the Chief of Police.)
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Arlington Police Chief A.B. (Ott) Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on matte]

[Arlington Police Chief A.B. (Ott) Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on matte]

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1953 Arlington Police Department arranged in three rows in front of a police station garage door. All the men are in uniform except for the Highway Department Dispatcher and Chief Cribbs. [L to R] Back row: Fred Rupert, Harold White, Pop Schroeder, Herman Cantrell, Richard Strokel, John D. Dennehy. Middle row: Hwy. Dpt. dispatcher Dan Haggan, Chief Ott Cribbs, Bill Taylor, Minor Moore, Frank Kelly. Front row: Henry Cartwright, Roy "Rabbit" Cantrell.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Arlington Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on photo]

[Arlington Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on photo]

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1953 Arlington Police Department arranged in three rows in front of a police station garage door. All the men are in uniform except for the Highway Department Dispatcher and Chief Cribbs. [L to R] Back row: Fred Rupert, Harold White, Pop Schroeder, Herman Cantrell, Richard Strokel, John D. Dennehy. Middle row: Hwy. Dpt. dispatcher Dan Haggan, Chief Ott Cribbs, Bill Taylor, Minor Moore, Frank Kelly. Front row: Henry Cartwright, Roy "Rabbit" Cantrell.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[Arlington Police / Fire Station, 401 W. Main Street, 1953]

[Arlington Police / Fire Station, 401 W. Main Street, 1953]

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Arlington Police/Fire Station at 401 W. Main Street taken in 1953. It shows four police cars and two fire vehicles parked in front of the building with an officer or a firemen beside each vehicle and two people standing in the front entrance. This photograph was taken from the Arlington Police Department Commemorative Book, 1994. This building also housed the jail and a courtroom. Later, in 1964, the Police Department moved to a newer station at 717 W. Main Street.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
[APD patch. Non-supervisor patch with red lettering and red trim]

[APD patch. Non-supervisor patch with red lettering and red trim]

Date: 1950
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the all red non-supervisor APD patch. The patch is outlined in red with a dark blue background. "Arlington" is written in red at the top and "Police" is in red at the bottom. In the center of the patch Texas is in red with a gold star indicating Arlington and a red circle indicating the metroplex. There are radio signals in red branching from the star.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST