You limited your search to:

 Language: No Language
 Collection: Charles and Catherine Schulze Collection
[J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy]

[J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy]

Date: 1902~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of J. O. Schulze, the leader of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew, playing with the crew's pet fox, c. 1902. He is sitting on the ground outside of a tent and has the fox in his lap. The crew worked in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. In Texas, they worked a stretch of line between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. J. O. Schulze and Otis Brown, another crew member, remained behind and established the town of Irving along the tracks between Dallas and Fort Worth in 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Virginia Tucker Schulze on Horseback, 1910

Virginia Tucker Schulze on Horseback, 1910

Date: 1908 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Virginia Tucker Schulze on horseback at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Virginia was the wife of C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned the Irving Lumber Company form it inception in 1903 until it closed during the 1980s. Back of photo reads: "My first ride to Brown's tank, August 1910."
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Virginia Tucker Schulze with Friends, 1910

Virginia Tucker Schulze with Friends, 1910

Date: 1908 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Three women on horseback. Virginia Tucker Schulze with friends at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Back of photo reads: “First ride to Brown tank, Madeline, Henrietta and Virginia.” Virginia Schulze was married to C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned Irving Lumber Company from the town's inception in 1903 until the 1980s.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
E. M. Story Children, 1909

E. M. Story Children, 1909

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: The children of E. M. Story. Left to right are: Louis, Myrtle, Clarence, and Jane, 1909. The Story family were some of the first pioneers in northwest Dallas County. They came to the Irving area during the mid-nineteenth century.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
E. M. Story House, 1909

E. M. Story House, 1909

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: E. M. Story house, 1909. The Story family came to the Irving area during the second half of the 19th century. This house was on Britain Road near old downtown Irving. Shown in the picture are: front row: Clarence, Jane, and Myrtle Story; back row: unidentified, E. M. Story, and his wife Kate.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Williamson Home, 1912

Williamson Home, 1912

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: The Williamson home, 1912. At the fence are Mae Williamson, Joe Williamson, Virginia Tucker Schulze, C. P. Schulze, and the Williamson children. The home was on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Williamson Home, 1912

Williamson Home, 1912

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: The Williamson home, 1912. The house was located on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving. Seated in the yard are C. P. Schulze and wife Virginia, Joe and Mae Williamson, and the Williamson children.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Myrtle Story White and Jim White, 1919

Myrtle Story White and Jim White, 1919

Date: 1919
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Myrtle Story White and husband Jim White, 1919. They are standing on a dirt road in front of a a white picket fence. The Story family was one of the pioneer families of northwest Dallas County.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving School Fifth Grade Class, 1922-23

Irving School Fifth Grade Class, 1922-23

Date: 1923
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving School 5th grade class, 1922-23. The Irving Independent School District was established in 1909.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving School Sixth Grade Class, 1923 - 1924

Irving School Sixth Grade Class, 1923 - 1924

Date: 1924
Creator: unknown
Description: The sixth grade class of the Irving Schools, 1923-24. Charles Schulze is on top row, second from left. Charles Schulze was the nephew of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze. The Schulze family ran Irving Lumber Company for many decades. Charles Schulze was a member of the city commission and worked to make Irving a home rule city in the early 1950s.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST