You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1880-1889
 Collection: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History
Program for fourth of July ball held in Opera House 1883
This program for the Fourth of July ball that was held at the Opera House in Denton includes an order of dance, lists of committee members, and other information regarding the ball. The Graham Opera House was located on the west side of the square. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21902/
Unidentified Members of a reuinion of Granbury's Consolidated Texas Brigade
Group picture of fifty unidentified members from Granbury's Consolidated Texas Brigade, most wear ribbons that say Granbury. One member of the brigade who fought in the Army of Tennessee, the man on the second row, second from the left, wears a ribbon that says, J.? T. Grant, Company C, 1?th, Texas. Another man wears a ribbon that possibly says Texas U.C.V (United Confederate Veterans). A man on the third row from the top wears a ribbon that looks like it says Camp Sam Davis. Other men wear reunion badges with the name of the general, the brigade, and the company, while others wear the name of a camp, a flag belonging to their company, or a medal. An unidentified young man sits beside one of the veterans on the front row. A number on the right-hand corner of the photo identifies it as photo 51. The date of the photograph may possibly be 1884, where the reunion was held in Dallas, and ninety-six men showed up; or in 1895, where a reunion was held in Houston, which was attended by many former soldiers of Granbury's brigade [This Band of Heroes, James M. McCaffrey, 1996, p.161]. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12317/
[Photograph of Susie Whitlock Moten]
Photograph with charcoal over the portrait of Susie A. Whitlock (Moten). She is not smiling and has a very close-cut hair style. She is wearing a dark dress. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14909/
Texas Grand State Farmers Alliance delegates certificate
This delegates certificate includes the minutes of a meeting held on July 12th, 1886 in which the officers and representatives were selected. The certificate lists all of the representatives chosen. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21899/
Stanfield Lodge
Seven officers of the Stanfield Lodge for 1888. Pictured are: W. F. Egan, W. R. Dudley, J. W. Cook, C. H. Clements, S. M. Bradley, J. R. McCormick, W. H. Sprawls. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14786/
Judge W. J. Austin
Group of unidentified individuals on the west side of Denton Square for the funeral procession of Judge W. J. Austin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12608/
North Side of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the north side of the Denton Square around 1889. All the buildings were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. On the left is the three-story Cronston building. The Francis Hardware Store was on the lower floor. The Woodbine building was next to the Cronston and adjoining was Clay Wither's store. Emory C . Smith's law office and R. A. Cobb's confectionery in the next two buildings followed by the McNeil dry goods store. The vacant lot was where the Lacy Hotel had burned down two years before. A saloon stands next and it is connected to a large building in which a meat market was operated. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12444/
North Side of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the north side of the Denton Square around 1889. All the building were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. On the left is the three-story Cronston building. The Francis Hardware Store was on the lower floor. The Woodbine building was next to the Cronston and adjoining was Clay Wither's store. Emory C . Smith's law office and R. A. Cobb's confectionery in the next two buildings followed by the McNeil dry goods store. The vacant lot was where the Lacy Hotel had burned down two years before. A saloon stands next and it is connected to a large building in which a meat market was operated. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12445/
South Side of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the south side of the Denton Square around 1889. All the building were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. Stores visible from the left to right on the Piner Block are Craddocks, The Big 5 and 10 Cent Store, Nochols and Stribling Grocers, G. W. Wilson and Co. Grocers, J. A. Hann and Co. Cheap Cash Store, and A. E. Freeman Groceries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12457/
South Side of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the south side of the Denton Square around 1889. All the building were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. Stores visible from the left to right on the Piner Block are Craddocks, The Big 5 and 10 Cent Store, Nichols and Stribling Grocers, G. W. Wilson and Co. Grocers, J. A. Hann and Co. Cheap Cash Store, and A. E. Freeman Groceries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12458/
Southeast Corner of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the southeast corner of the Denton Square around 1889. All the buildings were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. Stores visible from the left to right are Denton Dry Goods Co., S. E. Search Hardware Store, and Craddocks. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12469/
Southeast Corner of Denton Square
A view of the business section on the southeast corner of the Denton Square around 1889. All the building were constructed of wood, with board sidewalks of even lengths to aid the pedestrian in keeping out of the mud and sand of the unpaved streets. Stores visible from the left to right are Denton Dry Goods Co., S. E. Search Hardware Store, and Craddocks. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12470/
The Denton School
Announcement about the schedule, tuition, and courses of Denton School in Denton, Texas in the year 1884. The announcement also contains a list of faculty and information about the city of Denton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29648/
Minutes of First Annual Session of the Denton County Baptist Association
Minutes of the Organization and First Annual Session of the Denton County Baptist Association. The booklet contains the list of delegates, constitution, rules of order, and the declaration of faith of the association. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25478/
I.O.O.F. Cemetery Deed
The deed contains C. C. Bell's purchase of the Odd Fellows' Cemetery, located in Denton, Texas, for the sum of twenty dollars on June 13th, 1887. The deed was drafted and signed in the Denton Lodge, No. 82, of the I.O.O.F. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24933/
Spring Trade! Fain, Peery, and Shelton!!
An 1882 advertisement for Fain, Peery, and Shelton claims the very latest style from New York and other eastern markets. Dress goods, buntings, lawns, alpaccas, cashmeres, carpets, etc. are sold at this department store on the east side of the square. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24917/
[Varied Entertainment Given By Miss Bass' School]
Announcement for varied entertainment provided by the teachers and pupils of Miss Bass' School under the direction of Madame Richard at the Opera House on November 9, 1883. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29643/
West Side of the Denton Square
West side of the Denton Square. Visible businesses from the left to the right: C. M. Greenlee, Drug Store, H. J. Howell: Jeweler, Health Office, Houston Stiff Saloon, The Chronicle's offices, W. H. Cleveland Groceries, Carpets, J. B. Schmitz Furniture, Opera House, Carter and Benners Grocers, Land Office; A. D. Beaty, Tin Shop, C. F. Sanders and Company's Saddles and Harness. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12533/