You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1980-1989
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
[Bob Hope and Hub Baker at Billy Bob's Texas]
Photograph of Bob Hope and Hub Baker at Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth on New Year's Eve. Bob Hope is on the far left, unknown man, Hub Baker, and Billy Bob Barnett on far right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46592/
Cattle Herded through Dirt Tunnel
Photograph of many cows being herded underneath a bridge by a cowboy on a horse. Driving over the bridge is a large truck. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth44114/
Champion Bull at National Western Stock Show, 1987
Photograph of a very large horned Hereford bull wearing a harness. Standing behind the bull are many old men in cowboy hats and a few women, two holding a banner. Behind the group is a curtain that reads, "1987 National Western Stock Show". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43950/
Chicago Mercantile Exchange, 1984
Photograph showing hundreds of traders at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in November 1984. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43320/
Courtney Goodman
Photograph of Courtney Goodman of Blum, Texas crowned as the 1984-85 Shorthorn Lassie Queen on June 10, 1984 at the state field day in Bardwell, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43145/
Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of Jimmy Patterson, Dick Yeager, Richard Siegel and two unidentified men at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43177/
Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of Joe Parker, Byers, Wilson Scaling, Henrietta, and Richard Siegel at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43175/
Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of Jimmy Patterson, Dick Yeager and Richard Siegel at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43191/
Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43176/
Cowboys Eating at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of cowboys in the mess hall at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43190/
Cowboys Eating at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983
Photograph of the Waggoner Ranch helicopter. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43189/
Cows Eating From Trough
Photograph of several cows eating from a trough through a fence. The cows are in a corral, and behind the corral is a large haystack. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth44115/
[Dedication of a historical marker]
Photograph of a minister holding a bible in front of a church at a dedication. The dedication is for a historical marker. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46983/
[Dedication of a historical marker]
Photograph of two people at a dedication removing the cover from a historical marker, the cover has a Texas flag attached to it. The dedication is for the historical marker. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46982/
Don C. King
Photograph of Don C. King in 1989. He is wearing a Western hat. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth45204/
Eldon Hambright
Photograph of Eldon Hambright in July 1981. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43044/
Eldon Hambright
Photograph of Eldon Hambright in 1982. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43043/
Ernie Gill
Photograph of Ernie Gill, coordinator of the American Paint Horse Association in 1980. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43143/
[Grass field separated by fence]
Photograph of a field of various grasses separated by a wire fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth44406/
John J. Francis in the kitchen
Photograph of John J. Francis cooking in a kitchen while being filmed by a cameraman in April 1983. He wears a striped apron and a tie. The cameraman has on a jacket with the words,"Qube Cable" in the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43510/
John L. Huston
Photograph of John L. Huston, President of the National Live Stock and Meat Board. He is speaking at a podium in May 1975. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43093/
June Humble, 1981
Photograph of June Humble, Polled Hereford Queen in May 1981. She wears a crown and holds a bouquet of roses. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43092/
Milt Hinkle
Photograph of Milt Hinkle in October 1981. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43109/
[Robert E. (Bob), Messer]
Photograph of Robert E. (Bob) Messer. Back of photograph: "1981-1983, St. Mark." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46953/
Terrie Husfeld
Photograph of Terrie Husfeld, All-American National Queen of the American Junior Brahman Associationin August 1984. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43080/
[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]
Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for St. Mark United Methodist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Text: This congregation was formed in 1940 by the merger of several historic Fort Worth Methodist Churches. The Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883 with twenty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. P. S. Juhline. Use of the Swedish language during worship services continued until 1920. In 1924 the name of the congregation was changed to Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church. Six years later, St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Broadway congregation. St. Paul's had been organized in 1877 with thirty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Harvey Webb. Mulkey Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church began in the late 1880s as a mission of the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Fort Worth. The church was named for the Rev. and Mrs. William Mulkey, parents of George Mulkey, who was a charter member of the new church. The Rev. John M. Barcus served as first pastor. At the 1940 annual conference, these historic congregations merged to become the Broadway-Mulkey Methodist Eposcopal Church, South. The name St. Mark was adopted in 1945. The congregation has worshiped at this site since 1960. (1985) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46981/
Thelma Mae Farr
Photograph of Thelma Mae Farr in September 1985. She is wearing glasses, a hat and a sweater. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth43483/