You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1980-1989
 Year: 1985
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
Cattle Herded through Dirt Tunnel

Cattle Herded through Dirt Tunnel

Date: June 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of many cows being herded underneath a bridge by a cowboy on a horse. Driving over the bridge is a large truck.
Contributing Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum
[Dedication of a historical marker]

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a minister holding a bible in front of a church at a dedication. The dedication is for a historical marker.
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
[Dedication of a historical marker]

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two people at a dedication removing the cover from a historical marker, the cover has a Texas flag attached to it. The dedication is for the historical marker.
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
[Grass field separated by fence]

[Grass field separated by fence]

Date: June 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a field of various grasses separated by a wire fence.
Contributing Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum
John L. Huston

John L. Huston

Date: May 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of John L. Huston, President of the National Live Stock and Meat Board. He is speaking at a podium in May 1975.
Contributing Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum
[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for St. Mark United Methodist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Text: This congregation was formed in 1940 by the merger of several historic Fort Worth Methodist Churches. The Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883 with twenty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. P. S. Juhline. Use of the Swedish language during worship services continued until 1920. In 1924 the name of the congregation was changed to Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church. Six years later, St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Broadway congregation. St. Paul's had been organized in 1877 with thirty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Harvey Webb. Mulkey Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church began in the late 1880s as a mission of the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Fort Worth. The church was named for the Rev. and Mrs. William Mulkey, parents of George Mulkey, who was a charter member of the new church. The Rev. John M. Barcus served as first pastor. At the 1940 annual conference, these historic congregations merged to become the Broadway-Mulkey Methodist Eposcopal Church, South. The name St. Mark was adopted in 1945. The congregation has worshiped at this site ...
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
Thelma Mae Farr

Thelma Mae Farr

Date: September 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Thelma Mae Farr in September 1985. She is wearing glasses, a hat and a sweater.
Contributing Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum