You limited your search to:

  Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
[Mobeetie Post Office]

[Mobeetie Post Office]

Date: 1878
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Mobeetie post office, the first post office in the Panhandle.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Tarrant County Courthouse and Public Square in 1879

Tarrant County Courthouse and Public Square in 1879

Date: 1879
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Tarrant County Courthouse and public square. The courthouse is in the center of the photograph and surrounding the building are many men in jackets and cowboy hats with wagons pulled by horses. In the foreground is a wagon topped with haystacks and men standing on top of it. In the background are several buildings and a stack of lumber. A piece of paper at the bottom of the photograph reads, "The Public Square and Court House in 1879. To the East can be seen the Old Masonic Hall with belfry and opposite (south) the old jail."
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Southwestern Telegraph and Telephone Co., 1881

Southwestern Telegraph and Telephone Co., 1881

Date: 1881
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Southwestern Telegraph & Telephone Co., 1881. The building is three stories tall with stairs on the side and a covered sidewalk with a banner. The building is surrounded by a dirt road and many large telephone poles and wires. Written at the top of the frame is, "Fox Newspaper" and at the bottom is, "Office and East 2nd Sts, Fort Worth."
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
[Reunion of the Veterans of the Battle of San Jacinto]

[Reunion of the Veterans of the Battle of San Jacinto]

Date: 1883
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of several men gathered for the veteran reunion of the Battle of San Jacinto of 1836. Behind the men are several buildings and horse drawn carriages. This photo was taken at the Texas Veterans Association annual convention in Belton in 1883.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Headquarters if the Bar CC Ranch

Headquarters if the Bar CC Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the headquarters at the old Bar CC Ranch in 1886. There are four buildings in this picture, one is a log cabin. The headquarters was located in Ochiltree County at the top of the Texas panhandle.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
OX Ranch

OX Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Group of cowboys at dinner time on the OX Ranch. This photo was taken in 1886 upon the spot where Childress, Texas stands today. The OX Ranch covered parts of Childress, Hardeman and Cottle Counties. The ranch headquarters was about 10 miles southeast. -
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Roundup at Bar CC Ranch

Roundup at Bar CC Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a roundup on Bar CC Rance in 1886, near the old ranch headquarters on Wolf Creek. Jas McKenzie the ranch manager, is in the center on the bobtailed horse and Ed Brainard, the range boss, is the furthest man on the right.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Commerce Street Scene in Ft. Worth, Texas in 1888

Commerce Street Scene in Ft. Worth, Texas in 1888

Date: 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of Ft. Worth at Commerce Street in 1888. In the center is a large strip of buildings, homes and businesses, surrounded with dirt roads and more homes across those streets. A store on the right corner of the black has a sign that reads, "Black Smith Shop". In the foreground are dirt trakcs, a telephone pole, and a few horse-drawn wagons.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Cowboys Having Dinner in Coke County, Texas

Cowboys Having Dinner in Coke County, Texas

Date: 1889
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of cowboys having dinner on a ranch in Coke County. The lid for a skillet in the foreground was used for baking bread. On the lid of the chuck box, lowered to serve as a cook table, can be seen an old time coffee grinder and leg of roasted beef. An oil lantern hangs on the bow above the chuck box and the harness is hanging over the front wheel. The men are, L-R: Henry Russell, unknown, Jack Montath, Ned Richards, Jake Stubblefield, and John Dodd.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Denner-Record and Capps Building in Ft. Worth, Texas

Denner-Record and Capps Building in Ft. Worth, Texas

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Denner-Record building and the Capps building on Fifth and Throckmorton Streets in Ft. Worth, Texas. The building is five stories tall and brick with a fire escape. It is surrounded by a sidewalk that is lined with bicycles and horse-drawn buggies. On the left side of the frame is a church tower and on the right is a sign that reads, "SUCCESS".
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST