You limited your search to:

 County: Colorado County, TX
 Collection: Jim Bell Texas Architecture Photograph Collection
[Plaque Next to Door]
Photograph of a Texas Historical Commission plaque about the Confederate Memorial Museum mounted to a wall next to the red door of a building in Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473116/
[Plaque in Colorado County]
Photograph of a plaque giving information about historic Colorado County and Robert "Three-Legged Willie" Williamson, in front of trees and bushes by the Confederate Memorial Hall in Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473038/
[Looking Up at Confederate Memorial Hall]
Photograph looking up at the Confederate Memorial Hall stone tower in Columbus, Texas. There is a plaque on the arch above the door. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473070/
[Row of Buildings]
Photograph of a row of buildings on the courthouse square in Columbus, Texas. There are several cars in the parking lot. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473060/
[Photograph of a Tower]
Photograph of a white stone tower at the front of the historic district of Columbus, Texas. There are trees behind the tower, and cars are parked on the side of the road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473125/
[Scaffolding by Courthouse]
Photograph of scaffolding placed against the side of the Colorado County courthouse in Columbus, Texas. The courthouse dome is visible in the background, and there are tree branches to the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473122/
[Street in Front of IOOF Building]
Photograph of the street in front of the IOOF Building, now housing the Party Rental Store, in Columbus, Texas. Cars are parked around the corner, and there are more buildings and trees visible to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth473084/
[Detail on Columns]
Photograph of the architectural detail on the tops of two carved wooden columns at the county courthouse in Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118805/
Columbus, Texas, 1883 City Water Tower and Fire Station
Photograph of 1883 city of Columbus, Texas, water tower and fire station. The tower is plastered, with a single visible window. The top portion of the tower is crenelated. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118807/
Columbus, Texas, Historical District Sign
Photograph of a sign that reads "Welcome to the Columbus Historic District" on the side of the 1883 water tower in downtown Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118808/
1886 R. E. Stafford Building Front
Photograph of the front (north side) of the 1886 R. E. Stafford building in downtown Columbus, Texas, on Spring Street. Metal trim and a locally made bench are in front. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118804/
West Courthouse Square on Milam Street
Photograph of the west courthouse Square on Milam Street in down town Columbus, Texas. The sixth building from the left, white with blue trimmed second story windows, is the 1873-1875 Ehrenwerth-Ramsey-Untermeyer building with a THC marker. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118809/
THSC Marker "Old Stafford Opera House" 1886
Photograph of the THSC 1886 "Old Stafford Opera House" on Spring Street in down town Columbus, Texas. The architect was Nicholas J. Clayton. The marker was placed by the DAR. The building is also a National Register building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118806/
A Gazebo and Park area next to the First State Bank
Photograph of a small Gazebo and park are on the north side of the First State Bank building in the 1000 block of Milam Street in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118855/
1896 Rosenfield Building THC Marker
Photograph of the THC Marker for the 1896 Rosenfield building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118852/
[Second Floor of Building]
Photograph of the exterior of the second floor of a building, with an awning underneath it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118851/
West Courthouse Square North to South
Photograph of the west side of the courthouse square, from north to south. The blue building in the center is the 1873 - 1875 Ehrenwerth-Ramsey-Untermeyer building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118857/
[1896 Rosenfield Building Detail]
Photograph of upper detail of the 1896 Rosenfield Building on Milam Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. It features detailed brick work and red sandstone stilted arches over the windows. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118850/
North Side of Courthouse Square on Walnut Street
Photograph of the north side of the courthouse square in down town Columbus, Texas. The first building on the left is the modern First State Bank building. The se cond building is the modern Capital One bank building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118858/
Local Sign for Gazebo and small City Park Milam Street
Photograph of a gray granite marker used as a locale sign for the Gazebo and small city park in the 1000 block of Milam Steet in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118854/
William Menefee THC Marker
Photograph of the THC Marker for William Menefee who signed the Texas Declaration of Independence in 1836. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118859/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration
Photograph of the construction crane working on the 1891 Colorado County courthouse in down town Columbus, Texas. November 4, 2009. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118856/
1000 Block Milam Street North
Photograph of the west side of the north end of the 1000 block of Milam Street in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118835/
[Street Scene in Colorado City]
Photograph of a street in Colorado County. Cars are parked on the side of the road, and there are stores on the left side of the road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118832/
West on Walnut Street from Courthouse Square
Photograph of Walnut Street, U.S, Highway 90, west from the courthouse square in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118831/
[Sidewalk in Colorado County]
Photograph of a strip of sidewalk in Colorado County. Cars are parked on both sides of the street, and stores are visible on the right side of the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118830/
1896 Store Building
Photograph of an 1896 store building built by Charles Brunson next to his business in downtown Columbus, Texas. The upper front has a metal cornice, brick pilasters framing the windows, brick ledges, and string courses. The lower front has been modernized and is currently occupied by a store called The Bride's House. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118838/
1850 Brick Store House with THC Marker
Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker on the front of the 1850 Brick Store House at 1038 Milam Street. The building is a rectangular red brick commercial building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118834/
Schulandt Building on Milam Street
Photograph of the Schulandt building in the 100 block Milam Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. Sign in the window reads "Huckleberry" and merchandise indicates it is a "gift" shop. The metal cornice trim is continuous for the Brunson building and the Schulandt building, with each building having a distinct cornice. The upper front on the Schulant building features brick and stone work with two double windows. The lower front has two green entry doors and white color. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118839/
[Cars Parked Outside Stores]
Photograph of two cars parked outside two-story buildings on the Colorado County square. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118836/
1850 The Brick Store House THSC Marker
Photograph of the THSC Marker for the 1850 Brick Store House Walnut and Milam Streets in down town texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118833/
Stafford-Miller Home THC Marker
Photograph of the THC marker for the Stafford-Miller home next to the Stafford Bank building ion Spring Street in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118932/
1886 Stafford Bank Building
Photograph of the 1886 Stafford Bank building in downtown Columbus, Texas. This was also the location of the 1886 Stafford Opera House. The Stafford Bank name is displayed under the upper pediment on the front of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118931/
1886 Stafford Bank Building Front View
Photograph of the front (north side) of the 1886 Stafford Bank building at Spring and Milam Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. The Classical Revival style building has the words "Stafford Bank" and "Opera House" arranged in stone on its front. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118930/
Robinson's Castle site THSC Marker
Photograph of THSC marker for Robinson's Castle on State Highway 71 at the Colorado River bridge in Columbus, Texas. Also noted was a meat packing company at the same location. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118922/
[Bridge and Historic Plaque]
Photograph of a historic plaque off the side of a road, on the right. A bridge is visible to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118921/
Tumlinson Family THC Marker
Photograph of Tumlinson Family THC marker on the Colorado County courthouse lawn in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118927/
1886 R. E. Stafford Building Front
Photograph of the front (north) of the 1886 R. E. Stafford building on Spring Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. Two steel columns stand behind a wooden bench. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118920/
[Scaffolding by Courthouse]
Photograph of scaffolding placed against the Colorado County courthouse in Columbus, Texas. There are several bare trees in front of the courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118928/
Colorado River Bridge
Photograph of the state highway 71 steel Colorado River bridge in Columbus, Texas. Brown trusses cover the bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118924/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration
Photograph of the west side of the Colorado County courthouse during a restoration project. The building is covered with scaffolding. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118929/
The Rangers of Austin's Colony THC Marker
Photograph of the THC Marker for the Rangers of Austin's Colony on the courthouse lawn in down town Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118926/
Columbus, Texas, City Limits Sign
Photograph of a Columbus, Texas, city limits sign. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118923/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of a green Tiffany glass dome in the ceiling of the Colorado County courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118885/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of the entrance to a courtroom in the Colorado County courthouse in Columbus, Texas. Double doors are set into a wall with wood paneling. Two light fixtures hang down over the carpeted floor. Chairs and a desk line the wall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118882/
[Wooden Staircase]
Photograph of a flight of wooden stairs and the landing above them. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118881/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of a light fixture hanging down from an ornate target pattern on a ceiling within the Colorado County courthouse of Columbus, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118887/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of a doorway and wooden stairs inside of the Colorado County courthouse in Columbus, Texas. A floral light fixture hangs over the entryway. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118880/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of light fixtures hanging over a courtroom in the Colorado County courthouse in Columbus, Texas. Benches sit in the foreground while chairs are surrounded by a wooden fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118888/
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration Interior
Photograph of... texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118884/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST