Date: November 13, 2008
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of the upper-south entrance of the Classic Revival-style, 1917 Lamar County courthouse. The upper details of the stonework include carved eagles, carved shields, fluted columns, and medallions, set off by quarry-faced limestone walls and pilasters. The words "Lamar County Court House" are written across the front of the building hear the roof and there are light fixtures above the shield over the door.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell