Dear Portal friends: Do you enjoy having history at your fingertips?
We’ve appreciated your support over the years, and need your help to keep history alive.
Here’s the deal: we’ve received a Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Now it’s time to keep our word and raise matching funds for the Cathy Nelson Hartman Portal to Texas History Endowment.
If even half the people who use the Portal this month give $5, we’d meet our $1.5 million goal immediately!
donations are tax-deductible and support Texas history: yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
You limited your search to:
Humanities Texas Grant
Lorenzo de Zavala Online: Empresario, Statesman and Texas Revolutionary
- [Court document from County of Bexar, October 25, 1848]
Court document from County of Bexar. Bexar County, October 25, 1848. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5915/
- [Decree relative to the Catholic churches, January 13, 1841]
A decree stating that the churches in and around the vicinity of San Antonio will be used for religious and education purposes only. January 13, 1841. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6707/
- [Draft of letter from Valentin Gomez Farias to Crescencio Rejón]
Rough draft of an unfinished letter, to Crescencio Rejón from Valentin Gomez Farias, on necessity of a change in Mexico. ] New Orleans texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6715/
- [Draft of letter from Valentin Gomez Farias to General Adrian Woll, Noveber 22, 1844]
Draft of letter from Valentin Gomez Farias to General Adrian Woll, discussing the evil brought to Mexico by Santa Anna. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6714/
- Letter from William L. Delap to George Cupples, March 20, 1845
Discusses the possible good effects of the recent proffer of annexation terms to Texas by the U.S. Congress and Delap's translation of de Zavala's book Ensayo Historico de las Revoluciones de Megico des 1808
hasta 1830 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5929/
- [Personal letter from unknown person, September 6, 1849]
Personal letter from unknown person. Bejar, September 6, 1849. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5924/
- Petition by Lorenzo de Zavala Jr. January 15th 1841
Petition by Lorenzo de Zavala Jr. for compensation for losses sustained by the family when his father's house was taken over for a hospital by the Texan Army texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3380/
- [Report of sales of property real and personal belonging of Zavala's estate sold to Henry Fock, September 28, 1841]
Report of sales of property real and personal belonging to Zavala sold to Henry Fock. Harris County, September 28, 1841. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5948/