You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1950-1959
 Language: English
 Collection: Museum of the Gulf Coast
April 1959, Fire Destroyed the Port Arthur YMCA Building

April 1959, Fire Destroyed the Port Arthur YMCA Building

Date: April 1959
Creator: Cricchio Studio
Description: Photograph of the remains of the burned YMCA building in Port Arthur, Texas, 1959. All that's left are twisted steel I-beams, charred wood, and stone. Firemen can be seen working in the wreckage.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
April 1959, YMCA Burns to the Ground - Nothing Saved

April 1959, YMCA Burns to the Ground - Nothing Saved

Date: April 1959
Creator: Cricchio Studio
Description: Photograph of the remains of the YMCA on the Southeast corner of Austin Avenue in Port Arthur, Texas, 1959. Fire crews are spraying the wreckage with water. All that remains is a pile of twisted steel I-beams and stone.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
Clyde H. Martin

Clyde H. Martin

Date: 1959
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Clyde H. Martin wearing cowboy regalia and posing with a saddle embossed with the words "All Around Cowboy 1959" and "Texas A.M. Rodeo Intercollegiate."
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of Aerial View of Rainbow Bridge, 1957]

[Photograph of Aerial View of Rainbow Bridge, 1957]

Date: August 2, 1957
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph with aerial view of the Rainbow Bridge spanning the Neches River near Port Arthur, Texas. Shadows of several clouds dot the landscape. A ship is passing underneath the bridge. Several canals branch off from the river on its way to Sabine Lake, which encompasses much of the background. The other side of the photo has a handwritten note saying that this was a gift of A. W. Catanach, 1992.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
John and Ted Clegg in Lincoln-Mercury Showroom, 1957

John and Ted Clegg in Lincoln-Mercury Showroom, 1957

Date: 1957
Creator: Beryl Crist Photography
Description: Photograph of John (left) and Ted (right) Clegg standing in a Lincoln-Mercury automobile showroom. The suited men are standing in front of a 1950's model Lincoln Premiere.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of Cookie and the Cupcakes Performing]

[Photograph of Cookie and the Cupcakes Performing]

Date: 1956~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Cookie and the Cupcakes performing under a string of balloons and in front of walls adorned with hand drawn artwork. There are four men in the foreground. The first and last are playing guitars and and two men in the middle are holding saxophones. In the background to the left is a man playing piano, while to the right is a man playing a drum set that has the band's name emblazoned on the bass drum.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of "Big Bopper" J. P. Richardson and Teetsie]

[Photograph of "Big Bopper" J. P. Richardson and Teetsie]

Date: 1955
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of J. P. and Adrianne Richardson sitting at a diner table and drinking.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of Sunbonnet Sue Operetta]

[Photograph of Sunbonnet Sue Operetta]

Date: 1954-05~
Creator: Rice Studio
Description: Photograph of Sunbonnet Sue Operetta cast at Tyrell Elementary School. Rows of students are lined up and wearing mostly agricultural costumes. Janis Joplin is the fifth child from the right. Behind the children, there is a backdrop of a night scene set along the stage curtain. A mixed group of adults and children are seated before the stage.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
Texaco Main Gate 1953

Texaco Main Gate 1953

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the main gate of Texaco in 1953. The gate is attended by a single guard. To the left of the gate is a building bearing a large sign declaring that there has been 1,594,538 man hours since the last "lost time injury." There is also a sign requesting that no reading material be carried inside, and other sign on the gate that requests that no matches be carried inside. Two boxes written with the words "Red Head Matches" stand in front of the building.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[View of the Plant]

[View of the Plant]

Date: 1952
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Port Neches Works Plant, looking north. Multiple round structures and a series of buildings cover the grounds, and there is a road and railroad tracks to the west. The upper left hand corner reads "Port Neches Works, looking north 1952." Handwriting on the back and an accompanying card (with the Texaco logo on the bottom) label the photograph "View of the Plant looking north."
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST