You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1900-1909
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Dr. and Mrs. John Haley

Dr. and Mrs. John Haley

Date: c. 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Dr. John Haley was one of the Irving area's earliest physicians. The Haley family arrived in the area in the late 1850s. John was born in 1866. He was a teacher for a time, but after his first wife died, he returned to school and then entered the medical profession. He served as Irving's mayor from 1927 until his death in 1932. He is pictured here with his second wife, Anna Good Haley, in 1906.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Elm School Student Body

Elm School Student Body

Date: c. 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: The Elm school served the farming community know as Elm which was located just north of Irving. Pictured in the back row left to right are: teacher Mrs. Holland, Lee Metker, Mary Farine, Ruth Holt, Lucy Parker, Sadie Watkins, Henry Farine, and Maudie Carroll. Next row: Lucy Farine, John Farine, Gus Story, Clyde Allen, Arthur Farine, Lillian Works, and Lela Toler. Next row: Ora Seat, Bill Metker, Foy Holt, Irene Nichols, Thelma Works, and Ann Carroll. Front row: Howard Parker, Fred Story, Milton Holt, Roy Bailey, and Bertha Farine.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Hawks Chapel Methodist Church

Hawks Chapel Methodist Church

Date: c. 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: The Union Bower community was settled during the 1880s. It was located about north and east of the town site of Irving, which was founded in 1903. The Reverend W. E. Hawks of Dallas, who had been preaching in the Union Bower area since 1887, directed the building of a church in the community. In 1907, Hawks Chapel Methodist Church opened. In this photo, members of the congregation pose in front of the church.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Henry Britain Home

Henry Britain Home

Date: c. 1903
Creator: unknown
Description: The home of Henry W. Britain, the rancher who sold eighty acres to J.O. Schulze and Otis Brown for the original Irving townsite. The land sold for $30 an acre. This home was located near Nursery and Perry roads. Further to the south, Britain watered his livestock at the pond near the intersection of Nursery and Irving Blvd. The Britain family came to this area in 1859. Dave, Lee, Eunice, and Henry W. Britain are among those in the photo.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Howard-Beaufford House

Howard-Beaufford House

Date: c. 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Constructed in May 1904 as the home of Joseph B. Howard and his wife, Susan, it stood on 2.5 acres just south of Irving's city limits. Eugene and May Ann Beaufford bought the property in 1919. They operated a truck farm on the acreage. They later divided the land among their children.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Train Depot

Irving Train Depot

Date: c. 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men in front of the Irving train depot. The Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway built this depot in 1904.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
J. B. Howard House

J. B. Howard House

Date: c. 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: A lady standing on a porch at the Howard home at 318 Iowa (now O’Connor Rd.), believed to be Irving's oldest existing house, built in 1904.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Jerry and Della Story

Jerry and Della Story

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Jerry and Della Story. When the post office moved from the Kit community to the town of Irving in 1904, Jerry Story served as temporary postmaster.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas and Joffre Store

Lucas and Joffre Store

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas and Joffre Store was founded by W. D. "Doug" Lucas and Fred Joffre in 1906 on the west side of Irving's Main Street. Lucas and Joffre split, but W. D. Lucas maintained a store on Main Street until he died in 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: West side of Main Street, Irving, Texas, shortly after the founding of the town in December 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST