You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1910-1919
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Sunday Afternoon at the River

Sunday Afternoon at the River

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving was founded where the West Fork and the Elm Fork converge to form the Trinity River. During the early part of the twentieth century, the locals made day trips and weekend jaunts to enjoy nature along the forks of the river.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre in Schulze's Car

C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre in Schulze's Car

Date: c. 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre (in back) sit in Schulze's new Hupmobile. The house in the background is Otis Brown's house on Iowa Street (today 327 S. O'Connor Road). Brown built the house in 1905.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
R. M. Hudson Home

R. M. Hudson Home

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: R. M. Hudson began publishing the "Irving Index" in December 1903. He worked from his home in Dallas for five years. In 1908, he moved into this house in Irving. Hudson and his wife Mary had four children. Youngest son Tom can be seen at the fence in this photo. R. M. Hudson published the "Irving Index" from 1903 until 1916.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
R. M. Hudson Home and Family

R. M. Hudson Home and Family

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: R. M. Hudson operated Irving's first newspaper the "Irving Index." He ran the paper from 1903 until 1916. His home was on the northwest corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets. He is pictured here in front of his house with his wife Mary and daughter Veda. Not pictured are their sons Robert, Andrew, and Tom.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Index Workshop

Irving Index Workshop

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: This building served as the home of the "Irving Index" in Irving. It was built behind the home of the newspaper's owner, R. M. Hudson.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Essie Jones and Joe Keeling's wedding picture. Essie Jones and Joe Keeling were married in 1910. Both lived most of their lives in Irving. They had three children: Helen, Weldon and Clyde.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Motoring Enthusiasts

Irving Motoring Enthusiasts

Date: c. 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Early Irvingites prepare for a motor outing, c. 1912. On the left is the Schulze family automobile and on the right is the Robinson family car. The boy on the running board is Joe Williamson. Behind the wheel is Percy Schulze and next to him is his wife, Virginia. In the other vehicle, in no particular order are, Mr. T. G. Robinson, Mr. Williamson, May Williamson, Mrs. T. G. Robinson, Ward Robinson, and Mrs. Marsh.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Charles Schulze, Jr., and John Brown as Children

Charles Schulze, Jr., and John Brown as Children

Date: c. 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Charles Schulze, Jr., and John Brown as children, c. 1915. Charles Schulze, Jr., was the nephew of town co-founder J. O. Schulze. John Brown was the son of the other town co-founder Otis Brown.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Earl and John Brown and Charles Schulze as children, c. 1914

Earl and John Brown and Charles Schulze as children, c. 1914

Date: c. 1914
Creator: unknown
Description: Earl Brown, John Brown, and Charles Schulze, Jr., c. 1914. The Brown boys were sons of Irving's co-founder, Otis Brown. Charles Schulze, Jr., was the nephew of town co-founder, J. O. Schulze.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Cotton Gin

Irving Cotton Gin

Date: c. 1916
Creator: unknown
Description: The cotton gin, located at Irving Boulevard and Britain, was dismantled about 1916.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST