You limited your search to:

 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Robinson's Drug Store

Robinson's Drug Store

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: Major T. G. Robinson opened the Palace Drug Store in Irving's first brick building in 1906. In 1908, he added a soda fountain to the establishment. The store was in business until 1939, when Major Robinson retired.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Story Feed Store

Story Feed Store

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: The Story livery stable and feed store was located just west of the corner of Main and First (Irving Blvd.) streets during Irving's early years.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Sunday Afternoon at the River

Sunday Afternoon at the River

Date: 1910~
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving was founded where the West Fork and the Elm Fork converge to form the Trinity River. During the early part of the twentieth century, the locals made day trips and weekend jaunts to enjoy nature along the forks of the river.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Essie Jones and Joe Keeling's wedding picture. Essie Jones and Joe Keeling were married in 1910. Both lived most of their lives in Irving. They had three children: Helen, Weldon and Clyde.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Tom Haley Home

Tom Haley Home

Date: 1911~
Creator: unknown
Description: William Haley and his family moved to the area during the late 1850s. They settled northwest of the future town site of Irving in what became known as the Estelle community. Tom Haley, William's son, farmed a large piece of land his father had given him as a wedding gift. When his children became of school age, he decided that it would be more convenient for his wife and kids to stay in Irving during the school year. This is a photo of the home the family rented in town. At the fence on the left is Vera Haley (Anderson) and one of her sisters Bertha Haley (Gleghorn), c. 1911.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre in Schulze's Car

C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre in Schulze's Car

Date: 1912~
Creator: unknown
Description: C. P. Schulze, Sr., Otis Brown, and Fred Joffre (in back) sit in Schulze's new Hupmobile. The house in the background is Otis Brown's house on Iowa Street (today 327 S. O'Connor Road). Brown built the house in 1905.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Motoring Enthusiasts

Irving Motoring Enthusiasts

Date: 1912~
Creator: unknown
Description: Early Irvingites prepare for a motor outing, c. 1912. On the left is the Schulze family automobile and on the right is the Robinson family car. The boy on the running board is Joe Williamson. Behind the wheel is Percy Schulze and next to him is his wife, Virginia. In the other vehicle, in no particular order are, Mr. T. G. Robinson, Mr. Williamson, May Williamson, Mrs. T. G. Robinson, Ward Robinson, and Mrs. Marsh.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Main Street, Irving, Texas

Main Street, Irving, Texas

Date: 1912~
Creator: unknown
Description: This photo is taken looking north up Main Street. The town's water tower was over a well in the middle of the intersection of Main Street and First Street (today Irving Blvd.). Main Street dead-ended into the railroad depot. The depot can be seen behind the water tower.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Children in a Toy Car

Children in a Toy Car

Date: 1913~
Creator: unknown
Description: Howard and Lorene Lucas play in their early toy automobile, c. 1913. The children's father, Doug Lucas, ran a general merchandise store in Irving from 1906-1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Earl and John Brown and Charles Schulze as children, c. 1914

Earl and John Brown and Charles Schulze as children, c. 1914

Date: 1914~
Creator: unknown
Description: Earl Brown, John Brown, and Charles Schulze, Jr., c. 1914. The Brown boys were sons of Irving's co-founder, Otis Brown. Charles Schulze, Jr., was the nephew of town co-founder, J. O. Schulze.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives