You limited your search to:

 Language: No Language
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Albert Farine Home

Albert Farine Home

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Albert Farine home, constructed in 1906 and burned in the 1960s. The Farine family came to Texas in 1855 as part of the La Reunion colony and settled in the area that is now Irving in 1859.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Cotton Gin

Cotton Gin

Date: c. 1910 - 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Cotton gin, Irving, Texas
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Essie and Joe Keeling Family

Essie and Joe Keeling Family

Date: c. 1911 - 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Essie and Joe Keeling were from two early Irving families. They married in 1910. The couple had three children. Here the couple is pictured with two of their children, Helen on the right and Weldon on the left, c. 1911-1912.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
First St. Luke's Catholic Church

First St. Luke's Catholic Church

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: First St. Luke’s Catholic Church, built in 1904. Located on the corner of Second and Jefferson, this building was used until 1920. Several French families, many from the defunct La Reunion colony, founded the parish. A parish list from 1890 includes the names of DeHaes, Chassang, Beaufford, and Boinard. Prior to 1904, Masses were held in private homes and later moved to the Lively School House on Britain Street. The city founders donated the lot for this church.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Helen Keeling Sale on Her Wedding Day

Helen Keeling Sale on Her Wedding Day

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Helen Keeling Sale on her wedding day. Helen Keeling, daughter of early Irvingites Joe and Essie Keeling, is pictured on the day she married Robert Sale.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Hezekiah and Elizabeth Story

Hezekiah and Elizabeth Story

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Hezekiah and Elizabeth Story. The Story family came from Illinois to the area that would later become Irving in 1855.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas Family

Lucas Family

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas family left to right: Mahala Williams Lucas Roberts, Henry Lucas, Doug Lucas, Charlie Lucas, Jack Lucas, and Etta Williams Roberts
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Seiber Store - Interior

Seiber Store - Interior

Date: c. 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Henry Alvis Seiber owned this general store along Main Street in Irving, Texas, c. 1915.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
W. D. Lucas with Children

W. D. Lucas with Children

Date: c. 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: W. D. "Doug" Lucas poses with his three children: Howard, Roy (baby), and Lorene. W. D. Lucas owned a general store on Main Street in Irving from 1906 to 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
West Side of Main Street, c. 1908

West Side of Main Street, c. 1908

Date: c. 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Main Street, Irving, Texas, c. 1908. West side of Main St. between First St. (Irving Blvd.) and Second St.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST